Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Row (7 seat config) not sliding up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is motorized, when you push it, the mechanism under the seat should unlock the seat then slide forward to allow easy entry to third row seating
So to be clear. This is the split three position bench seat we’re talking about, right? I’ve never seen this to be motorized but I may have one of the first ones from September 2017.

Was the motor added later? Because it sure is sticky to slide if you use the 3rd row a lot....

My passenger side second row seat did not work for most of the first year of ownership. We have 4 kids, so use the 3rd row regularly. We live about 2 hours from the nearest service center, so only recently got around to a service center visit for a few issues. The seat would release to the 45 degree angle, but the base would not unlock to allow the seat to be pushed forward. It would then go on to the fold flat position, so the kids would just climb out that way. The manual lever does not permit as much forward motion as the easy entry button. We have a booster and Latch seat in the second row, so the driver side was not an option for entry in a reasonable way. Service center notes below.

Concern: Customer States: 2nd row seat does not slide forward for rear seat access. Verified right seat track does not unlock for easy entry, but functions normally with manual lever. Inspected actuator & found pull block to be broken. Replaced pull block & performed function test. Verified proper function of seat.

Correction: General Diagnosis Correction: Module - 2nd Row Seat Controller - RH (Remove & Replace)

Reactions: TJPDX
So to be clear. This is the split three position bench seat we’re talking about, right? I’ve never seen this to be motorized but I may have one of the first ones from September 2017.

Was the motor added later? Because it sure is sticky to slide if you use the 3rd row a lot....
when you press the shoulder button, you can hear the motor unlatch to lean forward and should automatically slide forward to allow access to the third row. it's not motorized to move the seat, only motorized to unlatch the seat to slide forward.

for the record, my single side seat does not unlatch, my double seat does. tesla is replacing the single seat due to the failure of that mechanism

update 4

dropped off my X today after they confirmed the seat was there for replacement. (i've had a repair order before that the part wasn't shipped yet, so my car just sat there while i had an S loaner.) after confirming, dropped my car off. they gave me an 85 AP1 model S for a loaner and am now waiting for them to replace the seat.

hopefully will have my X back soon.

when you press the shoulder button, you can hear the motor unlatch to lean forward and should automatically slide forward to allow access to the third row. it's not motorized to move the seat, only motorized to unlatch the seat to slide forward.

for the record, my single side seat does not unlatch, my double seat does. tesla is replacing the single seat due to the failure of that mechanism
Which is it? It automatically slides forward or it doesn’t?

And looks like I need to have them look at my seat as I have no motorized anything.