Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second Row middle seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like maximus16 I want maximum cargo space, but the 6 seat option has more cargo capacity than the 5 seater which, according to the MX design studio, "Maximizes cargo capacity." Tesla should let us have a 4 seater.

I am not sure I understand. I don't think we know how much cargo capacity the five Seater has since they have yet to make one. Am I misunderstanding? While I do understand that taking out the middle seat of the second row will help with space there I also assume that by taking out the third row of seats the floor will be much lower and therefore offer more interior volume. I think the best option for interior room will be to order the five Seater and then take out the middle seat on the second row. I think that is the OP's plan

I am not sure I understand. I don't think we know how much cargo capacity the five Seater has since they have yet to make one. Am I misunderstanding? While I do understand that taking out the middle seat of the second row will help with space there I also assume that by taking out the third row of seats the floor will be much lower and therefore offer more interior volume. I think the best option for interior room will be to order the five Seater and then take out the middle seat on the second row. I think that is the OP's plan

Yes, I want to be able to carry my dogs and by having the 5 seater minus the middle seat enables the maximum space..

.. I don't think we know how much cargo capacity the five Seater has since they have yet to make one ...
Good point. I'm still hopping 5 seat MX "Maximizes cargo capacity," like the MX design studio says. That would mean a folding 2nd row, so maximus16 and cargo needy people like me wouldn't have to remove any seats. With deliveries in November, we should find out in a few weeks even if Tesla wont tell us. Tesla is building my X90D 5-seater (VIN F025848) but my DS can't tell me if the 2nd row folds. I am the one who doesn't understand.

I also asked if I could upgrade to the x100D with no response. I'm glad they are busy improving the planet. It's tough. If it were easy, anybody could do it. Thank you, Tesla. May I have another?

Good point. I'm still hopping 5 seat MX "Maximizes cargo capacity," like the MX design studio says. That would mean a folding 2nd row, so maximus16 and cargo needy people like me wouldn't have to remove any seats. With deliveries in November, we should find out in a few weeks even if Tesla wont tell us. Tesla is building my X90D 5-seater (VIN F025848) but my DS can't tell me if the 2nd row folds. I am the one who doesn't understand.

I also asked if I could upgrade to the x100D with no response. I'm glad they are busy improving the planet. It's tough. If it were easy, anybody could do it. Thank you, Tesla. May I have another?

I too hope the folding seats explain the delay. It could not be that time consuming to fabricate a carpeted floor panel to replace the 3rd row.

I thought they found that removing the middle seat caused serious issues with the electronics and ultimately the vehicle wouldn't take software updates. There's a thread around here that discusses it.
I read the thread and it ultimately, Sportline installed a plug under the carpet that faked the car into thinking the seat was there and updates worked fine. They did not fool the latching system for the middle seat (would have been a bump under the carpet) so every time the car comes out of park you must "X" out of the screen telling you the middle seat is unlatched.

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
I read the thread and it ultimately, Sportline installed a plug under the carpet that faked the car into thinking the seat was there and updates worked fine. They did not fool the latching system for the middle seat (would have been a bump under the carpet) so every time the car comes out of park you must "X" out of the screen telling you the middle seat is unlatched.
Thanks for the reminder on how it was resolved. I'd read it months ago and forgotten.