Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second thoughts on 60D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys:

I confirmed my vehicle for the 60D w/ 6 seater. now I am starting to have buyer's remorse on going for the lowest battery pack.

Anyone has been able to change the battery size after the confirmation period has ended without a change fee? I would be upgrading to a more expensive model. Also it's been only 2 days since the confirmation period ended. thanks!

I'm pretty sure that, unlike Autopilot which has a penalty for activating after receipt of the car, the upgrade from the 60 to 75 battery is the same $9000, no matter when you do it. I'm trying to find support for this on Tesla's site (no luck so far) but I do believe it's different from the Model S where there is an upgrade penalty after the fact.

Not sure why that is, but it would benefit you in this situation!

For the upgrade from p90d to p90dl they also change out the badge on the back. If you unlock the the battery to 75 will they give you a badge too? Lol

They should just make a LED on the back to indicate the model so it can change on demand.

Joking aside, I was also on the fence to switch to 90d, but I was not able to get an approval from wife. She pretty much implied that I should be glad I can even get a 60d.... Women...

• Disagree
Reactions: beths11
Joking aside, I was also on the fence to switch to 90d, but I was not able to get an approval from wife. She pretty much implied that I should be glad I can even get a 60d.... Women...

Thankfully, I did not need approval from my husband....nor would I ever blame him for my need to be responsible. You Men....geesh :D BTW, you made a good decision and you'll love it!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that, unlike Autopilot which has a penalty for activating after receipt of the car, the upgrade from the 60 to 75 battery is the same $9000, no matter when you do it. I'm trying to find support for this on Tesla's site (no luck so far) but I do believe it's different from the Model S where there is an upgrade penalty after the fact.

Not sure why that is, but it would benefit you in this situation!

The 60 -> 75 kWh upgrade is $9,500 after delivery. If Tesla isn't willing to waive the $500 change fee after ordering, then the OP might as well wait and see if the 60 is sufficient and if not upgrade to 75. That is assuming he wouldn't want to go all the way to 90 kWh.