TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Second thoughts on 60D

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Dr Doom, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

Hi guys:

I confirmed my vehicle for the 60D w/ 6 seater. now I am starting to have buyer's remorse on going for the lowest battery pack.

Anyone has been able to change the battery size after the confirmation period has ended without a change fee? I would be upgrading to a more expensive model. Also it's been only 2 days since the confirmation period ended. thanks!

2. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

I'm pretty sure that, unlike Autopilot which has a penalty for activating after receipt of the car, the upgrade from the 60 to 75 battery is the same $9000, no matter when you do it. I'm trying to find support for this on Tesla's site (no luck so far) but I do believe it's different from the Model S where there is an upgrade penalty after the fact.

Not sure why that is, but it would benefit you in this situation!

3. openwyder

openwyder Member

he probably meant change to 90, not 75?

4. outie

outie Member

For the upgrade from p90d to p90dl they also change out the badge on the back. If you unlock the the battery to 75 will they give you a badge too? Lol

They should just make a LED on the back to indicate the model so it can change on demand.

Joking aside, I was also on the fence to switch to 90d, but I was not able to get an approval from wife. She pretty much implied that I should be glad I can even get a 60d.... Women...

• Dislike x 1
  5. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

thanks everyone for the help. I had the same issue with my car with my wife. After sleeping on it, I think I am going to be okay with the 60D. I think I should be fine.

• Like x 2
  6. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

Ah, did you sleep on the wife or the car :) Regardless, agreeing with the wife probably kept you from getting an X plus an EX...

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  7. Niko0519

Niko0519 Member

Lol, exactly

• Like x 1
  8. Dr Doom

Dr Doom Member

haha slept on it in my bed. and then realized my X would be better without an ex (wife). :) so kept my 60D order.

• Like x 1
  9. DougH

DougH Active Member

HA!..

You will be fine with the 60 and if not then you can upgrade.

10. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

#10 NikeWings, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Thankfully, I did not need approval from my husband....nor would I ever blame him for my need to be responsible. You Men....geesh :D BTW, you made a good decision and you'll love it!

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  11. outie

outie Member

Thanks and I apologize for the last word. It was not meant to be offensive, in fact it shows respect that I am listening to her :D

• Love x 1
  12. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

The 60 -> 75 kWh upgrade is $9,500 after delivery. If Tesla isn't willing to waive the $500 change fee after ordering, then the OP might as well wait and see if the 60 is sufficient and if not upgrade to 75. That is assuming he wouldn't want to go all the way to 90 kWh.