Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Second track day in the books - Bondurant Main

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fun video. I live 10 minutes from Bondurant and attended their training twice. I ran SCCA formula cars and had a lot of fun doing it.

I was watching your hands in the video trying to determine if the car was understeering. I couldn't tell. In some of the faster sweepers it looked neutral. How about body lean unloading the inside tires?

It would be great to hear how the car handled from the racer perspective.

Thanks and great to see this post!

The car is very neutral, what it does depends on where you shift the 4000 lb weight. Stock suspension there is alot of leaning. Aftermarket coilovers will fix that.

Reactions: destructure00
What 18" rims are you running that clear the brakes? I just ordered my model 3 performance and will eventually take it to the track. I would prefer to run 18's. After sending a lot of money on tires on my camaro after every track day

What 18" rims are you running that clear the brakes? I just ordered my model 3 performance and will eventually take it to the track. I would prefer to run 18's. After sending a lot of money on tires on my camaro after every track day

Konig Hypergram in a 18x9.5 +35

I have a bunch of pics starting with post 74 in this thread:

Track Tire/wheel Set Advice

Reactions: cOoTeR
No need to cut, just take off the rotor and there are 3 bolts to remove the heatshield. It's a 5 min job.

Here's the full circle rear shields. Was able to use tin snips to get them off.

IMG_20191115_144258.jpg
IMG_20191115_144618.jpg

Reactions: mcbarnet007