TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Second user id for second driver?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Tangible, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Tangible

Tangible Member

My wife has installed the iPhone Tesla app, which wants her to log in. We would prefer that she have her own user id and password linked to our Model S rather than use my credentials. Is there a way to do that?

2. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

One user Id per vehicle.

3. Tangible

Tangible Member

Bad design, in my opinion. Thanks for the info.

4. xborg

xborg Member

It would be nice.
    It's funny that even Tesla staff is using same login for loaners. (One account per service center/showroom)

5. Tangible

Tangible Member

Hackers taking over connected vehicles is going to be a big deal in the coming years. At best an invitation to car theft. At worst a great way to commit mass murder with impunity. A halfway decent security model would have an owner for each VIN, with the ability to grant and revoke access to other app users. This is cyber security 101; you don't share assets by sharing passwords.

6. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

Yeah, the current ID scheme is a pain. I've set up a super long password for my account that is easy for me to remember, but hard to type. Ideally, they should enable touch-ID on the iPhone at least. This way multiple people could use the app on their devices after they initially typed the password once. Following that, they could just use touch-ID.