Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Secondary ECU MIA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a new model s a few weeks ago and I noticed the visualizations stopped working as well as FSD, decided to look around in service mode and found that the secondary ECU is showing as MIA. Tesla service scheduled me for end of January so I figure I have plenty of time to try and figure it out myself. Anything simple I can try?

Solution
Decided to try and disconnect the low voltage battery for a few minutes and voila, hooked it back up and turned it on and everything works again. I suppose I got some time before the service appointment to see if it sticks for good or not.
Not likely. If the car is under warranty, let Tesla deal with it, otherwise you might make things worse.
Well, it's a brand new car, not even a month old and they want me to wait until end of January to bring it in, figured I can at least try seeing if anything is unplugged or loose or at least just reconnect some stuff while I wait. It's very annoying to drive without all the stuff that relies on that computer.

Upvote 0