Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

secondhand factory center console installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i picked up a used tesla-made center console. i didn't see it come out of the previous vehicle - but can't imagine the installation is that difficult.

it looks like i need to temporary pull out the small tray below the MCU - i tugged on it slightly, but did not want to break it. anyone have any experience removing that and/or installing the center console?

quick search within TMC didn't reveal much, or might have been "hidden" by large amounts of threads about the delay/availability of the consoles themselves.

tia.

My car came back from service once and they forgot to pop the tray back in, from what I remember that tray needs to be pushed down, not pulled out. (i.e. pushed towards the floor, not pulled towards the backseat)

for anyone in the future thats in need of this info:

i found a related video(several actually) that showed how to remove the yacht floor. The process is essentially the same.

It started by removing the small tray beneath the MCU. It then detailed removing the sides to the floor area, and wrapped up with removing another small piece of trim below the MCU.

After all of that was out - i was able to slide the console in. I did NOT wind up drilling two small screws (near the USB end of the console) - it was very secure without it.

Reactions: ThisStockGood
Oh man, I wish I had seen this way earlier. I installed my center console by myself and had to figure it out too! You basically just have to remove the lower tray and yacht floor and the console should slide in pretty easily. I didn't use the screws either, it feels very secure as is!

i picked up a used tesla-made center console.

for your problem, i

i thought this center console will help you. $90 Topfit silicone center console video review

I was going to just give your post, Marylala, a thumbs down, but then I decided that since you don't have many posts I wouldn't do that, and would write instead. The reason I almost gave your post a thumbs-down is that it in no way was helpful to the OP, who clearly said he had already purchased the Tesla Center Console, and was looking for advice with respect to how to install it. Your post seemed to simply be an excuse to show a product that is really nothing like the product the OP already purchased, and clearly was not going to be of any interest to the OP.

Hmmm, this is interesting. If you can install one yourself, then is it correct for me to assume that you can also remove it and get back to the yacht (undamaged)? I currently have the yacht floor and have thought about buying the center counsel. However, I'm a big guy and sometimes part of my leg can be in the center area and I'm not sure if it will bang into the center counsel and/or I can adjust the way I sit so it doesnt. So I was thinking of installing and trying (for an extended period) and then remove if I dont like. Thanks. If not too much trouble, can you comment on the difficulty level of the installation and the links that you used. I can also search for the links too but know the ones you used will work!