Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

see you soon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our plane was seconds away from getting hit with the delay and the attendants knew it so they rushed the process of securing the cabin so we could push off and not get hit with it. They were so relieved it was hilarious.

I'm now making an obligatory stop at in and out burger. Animal style!
:)

Hey Ben, after a two hour delay getting out of Philly, were now about 30 minutes from touchdown. Should be arriving around 2:30 local. Catch up with you at the hotel. Aaron, see you there later as well! Hoping to get a view of the crash (yeah, morbid). I'm sitting in window seat, left side.

Arrived at Teslive at 1 Pm and enjoyed an hour pool side while waiting for the room to be cleaned. Nice room and looking forward to meeting others tomorrow. Tonight is a steak dinner in San Francisco with my old college roommate.

Great to see you here Leilani!
I am one of the 20 members of founder circles. Would you be offering a ride to demonstrate the racing capability of the Model S? :) I once sat in my good friend David Chow's ( I think he is a semi pro) Model S in Atlanta, and his driving just blown me away. That is what prompted me to this argument:

Would love to see and feel how you spin the Model S!!

I would love to do that, although I think to do it properly, we need to have a closed circuit race track. On the public streets, there are too many unknowns, including the possibility of getting a ticket for speeding :) I have given lots of race car rides to people in the special two seater race cars, but it is in a controlled closed course, the passenger has a helmet and six point harness and HANS device, so that we can really let it fly! It's much more fun that way.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do, perhaps you could film it... Here’s some inspiration of what that could look like. For example between 2:25 and 2:52…

I realize this Fifth Gear segment with Vicki Butler Henderson is a professional production, and since I kind of have no idea of what it takes to film something like this at an amateur level – and get a decent level of sound quality – I of course also realize it may be a lot easier said than done. Especially as TESLIVE is only two days away…

But perhaps you could get some help from Tesla with setting up a P85+ and then it would just be Leilani driving and putting a bunch Tesla grins on three or four lucky passengers.

Maybe you ‘only’ need three cameras mounted with suction devices (?) inside the car.

One filming Leilani in the same angle as the one camera filming Vicki Butler-Henderson in the clip above. That angle seems to be good for capturing the driving plus it also seems to give a very good sensation of speed.

A second capturing as much of the Tesla grins on the passengers as possible,

and the third perhaps pointing forward showing the road ahead somehow. Maybe through the windscreen, or perhaps a better position would be to put it inside the car but stuck as far back on the pano roof as possible. It would look something like 2:55 in the clip above but sit higher and hopefully get a better angle. The pano will also hopefully not make that shot as dark as in the Panamera.

And perhaps also one or two people with cameras along the closed road filming at a bend where it could perhaps go a little sideways. See for example 2:43 – 2:48.

But again, I of course realize it’s just two days away – and that I really don’t know how much work it takes to make something like this. Just thought I could throw it out there… :rolleyes:

Something like this should be able to get quite a few hits on Youtube me thinks.

Perhaps Tesla could even pull some strings with Google or something to make it good enough for Vimeo…

It's a great idea, but I think we have run out of time for planning something like this. Maybe down the road... TESLIVE next year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to do that, although I think to do it properly, we need to have a closed circuit race track. On the public streets, there are too many unknowns, including the possibility of getting a ticket for speeding :) I have given lots of race car rides to people in the special two seater race cars, but it is in a controlled closed course, the passenger has a helmet and six point harness and HANS device, so that we can really let it fly! It's much more fun that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh that would easily make my day! :) Will the "Track behind the Fremont factory" sufficient for it?

Track Behind Fremont Factory | Forums | Tesla Motors

Looks like some more arrivals are due at the hotel this evening and some interest in a subsequent late dinner, which I'm interested in also. Any suggestions on a meeting place (e.g. the hotel restaurant - Sevens' / Salutes bar and grill)?

I'm not staying at the hotel but live close by, looking forward to the events this weekend!

Thanks,
Oliver

I'm on deck at my brother's house in San Rafael. Beautiful drive across NV today (all day). Just when it started to get boring, a full truckload of Model Ss went by headed east. Oh Yeah! See you all tomorrow! ML