Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR RWD incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
didnt pay for FSD. Looking at the config its got autopilot but doesnt say FSD so assuming not full

AP is standard. Disables (and needs manual re-engaging) when you indicate and then change lanes on motorway, and goes Bing-Bong each time.

You can pay "something" for EAP - which will change lanes by itself (with driver confirmation) (when it plays ball)

You can pay "lots" for FSD. Currently in UK it offers nothing significant (some "bits" like detecting when traffic lights change from Green to Red and giving you a nudge if you aren't paying attention). But at some point FSD (e.g. city driving AP) will come to UK shores. According to Musk when that happens the price of FSD will go up significantly. But whether FSD will arrive in UK within your ownership of this car is debatable (FSD has, generally speaking, not been transferable to the next car and has a debated amount of 2nd hand value)

Reactions: ringi and Shamone
Based on Tesla's description and owner videos from other countries that was expected but good to get it confirmed - it's the same as the non-LR RWD.
But if you look at this then it’s not the same as a normal RWD

But if you look at this then it’s not the same as a normal RWD
No, but the LR RWD isn't that spec - they seem to have assumed an audio system based on the LR AWD which it doesn't have. No point believing a random leasing company made up spec rather than the official Tesla spec or what customers have actually received.

You can pay "lots" for FSD. Currently in UK it offers nothing significant (some "bits" like detecting when traffic lights change from Green to Red and giving you a nudge if you aren't paying attention).
Basic Autopilot also does this now but only if by 'nudge' you mean a chime rather than a physical shove 🤣. In fact it's a little too keen, it bites your head off for not moving when the light is green even if the car in front is still yet to move.. I turned it off asap.

Basic Autopilot also does this now but only if by 'nudge' you mean a chime rather than a physical shove 🤣. In fact it's a little too keen, it bites your head off for not moving when the light is green even if the car in front is still yet to move.. I turned it off asap.
... and I know its not the same thing but having these features in the base autopilot I think actually puts people off FSD. When the car "bongs" to say the light is green when it's mistakenly picked up the green filter arrow in another lane, or the signal for pedestrians which is slightly on the wonk and facing the car I can't but help think, what if this was FSD and the car just decided to drive off.

(I know they are 2 different systems but Joe Public just sees "Tesla technology")

Reactions: asl3312
... and I know its not the same thing but having these features in the base autopilot I think actually puts people off FSD. When the car "bongs" to say the light is green when it's mistakenly picked up the green filter arrow in another lane, or the signal for pedestrians which is slightly on the wonk and facing the car I can't but help think, what if this was FSD and the car just decided to drive off.

(I know they are 2 different systems but Joe Public just sees "Tesla technology")
Also when in traffic and the car view goes top down with the squiggly line of doom all around, if you do dare inch forward before the car in front moves the Tesla thinks you're gonna shunt it from behind.. I can't win 😅

first impressions. its great. (but you all knew that)

charge to 90% and it is showing about 310 miles

build quality seems fine, I can't spot anything to be worried about

handover was very Tesla! Show your driver licence, sign here, there's the key, car is out the back, see you later, come back if you have any problems

(I quite liked that approach to be honest)

I'm coming from a VW iD.3 into the Tesla. Tesla is a million miles better

Reactions: Badger54 and MrT3
I'm coming from a VW iD.3 into the Tesla
Welcome to the real EV world. And that will be the last time you may see a SC if you are on a leasing scheme. There is a service after 2 years that can be done by the rangers at home and will cost around £130. That is the maximum you would spend in terms of maintenance over 3 years (under normal circumstances and btw this forum is awash with extreme end stories a lot). And you would realise how much the germans were making money out of the plucky brits?

Almost 2 weeks and 700 miles in now and I have to admit, I'm very impressed

car is fast, tech is a game changer compared to the other cars I've driven and the range (which I know will drop in winter) means the LR RWD is perfect, no range anxiety at all. I had a previous EV that ended up showing 110 miles on 100% charge because it was rubbish.

Unless you are in the very high end Taycan/BMW i60 type space and want to spend ££££ I can't see why you would choose any other EV over the Model 3 or Y. Anything else in the £40k to £60k range doesn't come close to the Teslas

Ordered mine today and pick up on Friday! Beyond excited. Taken 6 months to finally pull the trigger having looked at various options/models/finance packages.

In the end couldn't turn down the 0% PCP offer of the LR RWD and keep my money in the bank earning interest. 4 years of hassle free motoring with crazy range then will see whats about without worrying about depreciation/better models/battery degradation.

Cannot wait!