Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 LR RWD incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

New member on TMC, been lurking a while, this is a very informative place for Tesla owners. 👍

Been wanting a Tesla for a few years now after seeing a model X launch in the UK but couldnt afford one at the time, but I've finally pulled the trigger, having ordered a new 2023 M3 RWD LR, very surprised by the turnaround time on this and really looking forward to receiving it in a few weeks.

Anyway, great to be here, nice to meet you all and I'll probably be asking quite a few questions, so apologies in advance!

I think it was 20% - basically what a normal factory finish is. I only did the side windows and not the rear screen. Looks really smart.

I added a vinyl front plate as the issued plate holders are tacky. Carbon fibre covers for the wooden dash. Made a small mod to the tray in the front storage compartment and changed the T to letters on the back. Looks nice as is clean but stands out from the rest.

I think it was 20% - basically what a normal factory finish is. I only did the side windows and not the rear screen. Looks really smart.

I added a vinyl front plate as the issued plate holders are tacky. Carbon fibre covers for the wooden dash. Made a small mod to the tray in the front storage compartment and changed the T to letters on the back. Looks nice as is clean but stands out from the rest.

Thanks, it does look really good.

Which covers did you get for the strip, the ones on Aliexpress? 2 parts in ABS or vinyl wrap?

Hi everyone,

New member on TMC, been lurking a while, this is a very informative place for Tesla owners. 👍

Been wanting a Tesla for a few years now after seeing a model X launch in the UK but couldnt afford one at the time, but I've finally pulled the trigger, having ordered a new 2023 M3 RWD LR, very surprised by the turnaround time on this and really looking forward to receiving it in a few weeks.

Anyway, great to be here, nice to meet you all and I'll probably be asking quite a few questions, so apologies in advance!
Let us know the spec when you get it, especially the audio system.

Just waiting for the same model for my new company car .

Will do, I noticed you ordered before me, so surprised you havent got a delivery date yet. Spec sheet said it included premium audio incl. sub but I dont think it does.
Mine has been ordered by my company so is a fleet order.

From what I’ve seen and heard the M3 LR RWD has the premium audio system but would be good to get confirmation from someone who actually has the vehicle

Thanks, it does look really good.

Which covers did you get for the strip, the ones on Aliexpress? 2 parts in ABS or vinyl wrap?
It was a single piece. Although you can’t see it, wasn’t keen on the two piece thing. But yes, an Ali express job. The double sided tape came away pretty quickly but haven’t intervened with a permanent solution yet as I wanted to see how it faired in the summer (UV wise). Still looks good to me and will stick it down properly in the winter when I’m back home.

Feels odd swapping to winter tyres and filling up with winter washer fluid this week! 🤯

Reactions: Shamone
It was a single piece. Although you can’t see it, wasn’t keen on the two piece thing. But yes, an Ali express job. The double sided tape came away pretty quickly but haven’t intervened with a permanent solution yet as I wanted to see how it faired in the summer (UV wise). Still looks good to me and will stick it down properly in the winter when I’m back home.

Feels odd swapping to winter tyres and filling up with winter washer fluid this week! 🤯

Would you mind sending me the link to the dash strip cover? Thank you

Under additional info it states Autopilot computer: Full self driving computer, under autopilot in settings I can activate FSD and it explains in a pop up that it displays objects, traffic lights etc. is this normal?

FSD functionality is a paid option.

FSD (capable) computer is standard with the car.

Legacy FSD visualisation (traffic lights etc) is standard config on all current cars

FSD functionality does nothing that EAP (enhanced autopilot) does not do except stop line control which might stop car at traffic lights and stop lines unless you override. It might also do the same for tunnel lights, overhead gantries and vehicles towing traffic lights - for this reason I turned that feature off.

EAP currently only does auto lane changes under driver prompt/confirmation. It will also nag you to change lanes, often for no good reason. The only thing currently going for EAP is to lose the bing/bing when changing lanes with autopilot. All other advertised features for EAP are non functional for new cars - those without ultrasonic sensors. They promised ‘soon’ last year. Welcome to Tesla promises.

Other regions may vary. Do not confuse North America FSD Beta with what we have in UK - ie nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shamone
FSD functionality is a paid option.

FSD (capable) computer is standard with the car.

Legacy FSD visualisation (traffic lights etc) is standard config on all current cars

FSD functionality does nothing that EAP does not do except

Thanks, I can enable FSD preview and self driving beta, does that mean I have FSD? Or perhaps its just legacy FSD as above.

Thanks, I can enable FSD preview and self driving beta, does that mean I have FSD? Or perhaps its just legacy FSD as above.
Did you pay for FSD or buy a used car with it? If you bought it used from Tesla but didn’t pay for it they will probably disable at some point.

FSD preview has nothing to do with FSD apart from showing traffic lights, cones, wheeled bins. That’s a standard use config setting.

Unless your car on screen specifically says you have FSD option (can’t remember exact wording) in addition to the FSD computer, you do not have it. Another way of knowing is if you can enable navigate on auto pilot. Screen shot of car config screen would be useful.

But ‘and FSD Beta’ confuses me. Even if you have FSD beta (beta a common Tesla cop out term for anything that does not work properly) it will not be the same as North America FSD Beta which is actually the city streets FSD functionality which most countries like UK do not have.

Did you pay for FSD or buy a used car with it? If you bought it used from Tesla but didn’t pay for it they will probably disable at some point.

FSD preview has nothing to do with FSD apart from showing traffic lights, cones, wheeled bins. That’s a standard use config setting.

Unless your car on screen specifically says you have FSD option (can’t remember exact wording) in addition to the FSD computer, you do not have it. Another way of knowing is if you can enable navigate on auto pilot. Screen shot of car config screen would be useful.

But ‘and FSD Beta’ confuses me. Even if you have FSD beta (beta a common Tesla cop out term for anything that does not work properly) it will not be the same as North America FSD Beta which is actually the city streets FSD functionality which most countries like UK do not have.
Its new from Tesla, no, didnt pay for FSD. Looking at the config its got autopilot but doesnt say FSD so assuming not full. Thanks for the replies

Reactions: MrBadger