Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeing a 3 in L.A...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my wife is interested in a 3, and my pre-order invitation is here, but she really wants to see one in person to get a feel for seating feel/space. I've given her all of the measurements, but she'd like to look.

Are there any Model 3s in any of the local stores (or parked at the Torrance SC, or early owners in the South Bay) that one could look at?

Suggest calling Centinela (SvC/DC). They’ve been delivering 3s to employees for weeks now. At worst you’ll be able to see the outside of one side by side with an S. At best, maybe they’ll open a door or two and let you look inside. I don’t know that I’d count on a full demo/seating, however.

But maybe seeing one up close will be helpful. It was for me (have seen several at various superchargers) - the car is impressive. If it wasn’t next to an S, you wouldn’t notice that it’s all that much smaller. Plenty of room inside.

But maybe seeing one up close will be helpful. It was for me (have seen several at various superchargers) - the car is impressive. If it wasn’t next to an S, you wouldn’t notice that it’s all that much smaller. Plenty of room inside.
On my one and only encounter with a 3, it does not look small. In profile it looks like an MS, the front fascia is the big difference. According to EPA measurements, the model 3 (97 cuft) is larger in passenger volume than the MS (94 cuft)!

I'm in the South Bay of LA too. You can always see a few parked at the Hawthorne supercharger during the work week. I've taken some exterior pics there but still haven't been inside the car for a ride.

Let me know if you find someone locally to give a ride - id love to join!
I’m in the South Bay as well and saw a couple M3s at the Hawthorne supercharger last week. Spent a good amount of time looking them over and probably your best bet right now.

I saw 2 last week and prior to that I hadn’t seen any at all. The 2 that I saw were in PV and Manhattan Beach. They are definitely around the area now and my buddy says he has been seeing them more regularly at the Hawthorne supercharger.

We should have a South Bay meet up. :)

Oh cool - that would be great to see if she's up for it. North or South Redondo?
"Walking distance to the pier" Redondo. We'll probably hit Brothers Burritos on Thursday or Friday morning (North Redondo :) ). Send me a pm with your contact info & we'll find a time that we're out that works for you. Friday Happy Hour at the pier with friends. Surely something will work.

Reactions: SoCalGuy
"Walking distance to the pier" Redondo. We'll probably hit Brothers Burritos on Thursday or Friday morning (North Redondo :) ). Send me a pm with your contact info & we'll find a time that we're out that works for you. Friday Happy Hour at the pier with friends. Surely something will work.

@bonnie We're having an OC Meetup for Model 3 on Saturday late morning if you and/or your sister want to join.

2 on my neighbors driveway
Very nice car and seats were comfortable
Plenty of room in back seat

Attachments

• 85A074A0-5FC0-4F1A-8365-502F84821D1E.jpeg
    85A074A0-5FC0-4F1A-8365-502F84821D1E.jpeg
    552.1 KB · Views: 95
So my wife is interested in a 3, and my pre-order invitation is here, but she really wants to see one in person to get a feel for seating feel/space. I've given her all of the measurements, but she'd like to look.

Are there any Model 3s in any of the local stores (or parked at the Torrance SC, or early owners in the South Bay) that one could look at?
On my last visit to the Torrance SC on 12/5, there was a Model 3 right next to the valet. Obviously I don't know if that car is still there.

• Informative
Reactions: Laban