Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Delivery Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery is scheduled for next Saturday, I will have a fellow Tesla owner drive us to our Delivery Center and help us take delivery, but as a retired USAF veteran I lived and survived by checklist.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your service to our country.

I would go thorough this forum as a lot of people have posted various issues and make a list of my own. Things to look for (from my perspective is following)

1. Panel misalignments
2. Charge port misalignment
3. Panel gaps all around
4. Color issues
5. Check to make sure frunk closes easily
6. Check to make sure trunk opens and closes easily with push of a button
6. Make sure back
Seats are aligned.
7. Make sure rear seats folds properly with push of a button.

There are plenty of YouTube videos with pictures which people have posted. Go through each one of them and make your notes. (Like the one below which really goes through a lot of issues).

Last edited:
Assuming that these checks take an hour plus - when exactly do you perform them? Before or after signing the paperwork?
Would you have typically have sufficient time & access to the car to complete these steps before signing the paperwork?
Before paperwork is my plan. It's a 60 thousand dollar car with known quality issues, they can wait. If the delivery person wants to go do other things while I go over the car, that is completely ok with me.

• Funny
Reactions: Mansley