Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self park in reverse GONE! Where did it go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I got the car I would put it in reverse and the park icon would appear. Not that I used it except to wow the kids it show it off, but what happened??
Do you have ultrasonic parking sensors? If not welcome to the wonderful world of Tesla vision where you lose features you paid for and Tesla basically tells you to go F yourself for asking for them back. Because "Elon" said it'll be better two years ago means in reality it'll never happen. You know why? Because he's pissing away time and money at Twitter. He's there because he couldn't control his big mouth. Any second now queue the fanboys leaping to the defense of a billionaire that'd throw them on the street in a heartbeat if he thought it'd make his share price creep up by another couple of precent.

I think the question has been answered twice already. No auto park and no USS welcome to Tesla vision, enjoy all those features you bought and can no longer use.

Except it hasn't been answered correctly. Too focused on coming up with a witty dig to read the question properly. He said he had autopark and used it, so he clearly has USS. So this isn't a case of a new car with no USS and no autopark.

We haven't heard of autopark being disabled on vehicles with USS so no idea what is going on here.

Late 2022 EAP was available for a free trial Tesla gives owners a free 30-day trial of Enhanced Autopilot for the holidays

You need to answer a few questions if you want the correct answers...

1. year of your car
2. did you buy FSD or EAP?
3. Do you have Ultra sonic parking sensors?

If you have a 2023 car with no USS sensors, even with FSD/EAP you won't have auto park, crazy I know...
If you have USS and FSD/EAP then you should have auto park
If you don't have FSD/EAP maybe you had the EAP trial last year and used auto park, and now it's gone

Reactions: LiamPope
Except it hasn't been answered correctly. Too focused on coming up with a witty dig to read the question properly. He said he had autopark and used it, so he clearly has USS. So this isn't a case of a new car with no USS and no autopark.

We haven't heard of autopark being disabled on vehicles with USS so no idea what is going on here.
Sorry witty answers are not for you. We read the question and answered.

For those with their head in the sand without humor, or the ability to search:
The M3 is switching to using cameras in place of the USS
It will be called Tesla Vision
The new functionality has not been released yet
Yes, Tesla will ditch a functioning system to move to a system not yet available to save money
No, they are not going to keep supporting the old system while they develop a new system

Tesla officially stated that they don't plan to disable USS in cars which have it(yet). Tesla vision is also not active yet for anyone in place of USS afaik. So if you have USS + EAP/FSD, park assist + other advanced parking features should work for you. If it suddenly stops working, that is definitely new information.

Sorry witty answers are not for you. We read the question and answered.

For those with their head in the sand without humor, or the ability to search:
The M3 is switching to using cameras in place of the USS
It will be called Tesla Vision
The new functionality has not been released yet
Yes, Tesla will ditch a functioning system to move to a system not yet available to save money
No, they are not going to keep supporting the old system while they develop a new system

I like witty answers - my own are usually top class! :) But they should at least try to answer the question, imho. Nothing above has anything to do with the OP's question. I'm well aware Tesla has ditched USS on 2023 3/Y and that those new cars delivered without USS currently have autopark disabled (among other features) and are promised a Tesla Vision solution at some unknown point in the future that may or may not work.

But the OP said he used to have autopark and has used it before. So, if that's true, he must have an older car with USS and with autopark, but it has stopped working. This is not the 999th 'I picked up a new 2023 MY/3 and have no parking beepy beeps/autopark!!!' post, to which your witty answer would have been applicable! This is something else. @XPsionic probably has it covered. No one who has USS and autopark has had it disabled to our knowledge, and even Elon said he wont disable existing USS. I'm not sure I believe him, but that's another topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.