Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sell my 2019 m3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering selling mine as well. 2018 LR/EAP/Areos/White/Black. (12k miles)

Looking for 44k as it seems to be better than average list price.

The main thing that has stopped me is all the other wonderful features.

Decisions are tough sometimes....
Ballsy! I’ll have to hand it to you and Deepa! Hey, you know what you like and what you want......good luck!

This is bizarro world to me as we have 2 Model 3’s. I’d add 2 or 3 more if I could use them or get value out of them.

Best car I’ve owned, better than the X even for pure driving.

I would drive a friends or coworkers 3 or something just to make sure there isn’t something wrong with your particular 3.

Otherwise redo the suspension, get wheels optimized for comfort, etc.

Well firstly I owned a leaf before and got used to the small hatch back . I had to first get used to the sedan.
That wouldn’t have bothered me much if the ride was quieter and smooth like the leaf.
Though technology wise it’s way more advanced and has lot other perks,

- May I ask you what car you are considering instead of the Model 3?

This is bizarro world to me as we have 2 Model 3’s. I’d add 2 or 3 more if I could use them or get value out of them.
I would drive a friends or coworkers 3 or something just to make sure there isn’t something wrong with your particular 3.

I wish the Model 3 had wider tires, like 245 or 255, instead of 235. Something that I will upgrade to next.
This would make the ride softer and provide a better protection of the rims against curb rash.

So may be consider getting some new tires, see the following thread:

20190111_122319_hdr-jpg.368153

Note: Before getting a Model 3 I was considering the BMW i3 last summer because there was a big discount on it at that time.
But when I noticed the (155/70R19) motorcycles tires, I completely changed my mind...

i3-wheel.jpg

Last edited:
Note: Before getting a Model 3 I was considering the BMW i3 last summer because there was a big discount on it at that time.

It will be a big discount to the next buyer assuming if they want to even take it off your hands for any price.

50% off MSRP, federal incentives, state incentives, utility incentives - the thing is still a cockroach on motorcycle wheels.

It also looks like it is giving birth to another car in the back.

Hard pass.

My lovely wife, aka the princess, thinks the ride is great. Maybe you just need to get used to it. At least take it to a tire and suspension shop and tell them what you think. I had a Leaf and was so deliriously happy when the the 3 became widely available, it's like they read my mind and made a car for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Deepa, i drive a Leaf and can relate. But a man needs some adrenalin (some women do too). My teen boys think it looks dorky and are reluctant to be seen in it. So it is actually becoming a hand-me-down to them for now.

Those Toyotas and Cadillacs have the spongy, grandma like ride comfort.

The roads sound bad in the Bay Area. Half of SF & LA is moving to Austin, but our roads are holding up so far.

Reactions: jamessmooth007
Deepa, i drive a Leaf and can relate. But a man needs some adrenalin (some women do too). My teen boys think it looks dorky and are reluctant to be seen in it. So it is actually becoming a hand-me-down to them for now.

Those Toyotas and Cadillacs have the spongy, grandma like ride comfort.

The roads sound bad in the Bay Area. Half of SF & LA is moving to Austin, but our roads are holding up so far.
No, no, no, the roads in Austin are terrible, bad food and it's a boring place, you'll hate it here. Don't come!

Please advise how to sell my new model 3. It’s less than a month old. Great car, but not working fir me.

Hi Deepa,
Take the tire pressure down to 39-40 psi and see if you are able to live with it. As others pointed out, you will have to take a big loss if you sell the car this new. That’s true for all new cars, not just Tesla. Take a couple of days to think about it, and by early next week, if you think you must absolutely sell, send me a private message. A friend of mine who lives in San Mateo turned in his leased VW e-golf yesterday and is considering a Tesla. He will probably be up for a slightly used car. I can check with him and connect you with him if he is interested.

Good luck and I hope you keep the car.

If the OP took delivery and had the car titled in his name that would make the next buyer ineligible for the federal tax credit. So in addition to the depreciation of it being a used car, a buyer will have a $3,750 disadvantage versus buying a new one. If he waits until at least July then buyers will only be expecting $1,875 so it might be more attractive to wait a bit longer.

I prefer a smooth ride, so I can sympathize with the OP. I went even further than some suggestions on here by airing down to 35 psi. The difference really impressed me, and the industry load-inflation tables show these tires only need 26 psi to support the weight of the car(see attached).

My ride is smoother, and handling seems a bit more predictable and less "jumpy".

Attachments

• Load Inflation.pdf
    75.8 KB · Views: 63
Please advise how to sell my new model 3. It’s less than a month old. Great car, but not working fir me.

Mine ended up being bought back by Tesla. Had that not happened, I would have likely sold it to Vroom. They had the best offer (by about 1k) and what seemed to be a simple process. Various local dealers also offered similar amounts, not contingent on another purchase.

If you don’t like it, trade it now, don’t wait. None of what you’re experiencing will be getting any better.
At this point, any buyer has only one thing to factor in their offer, the initial depreciation. The condition is reasonably presumed “as new” and a cursory inspection is all they will do. That will change after you’ve driven the car for a while.

So, while it won’t change the depreciation hit you’re taking, at least it will make the transaction quick and uncomplicated. When you do your math on whether you should stay in this car for a while longer, factor in the higher insurance cost and the (monetary and mental) cost of having it in the shop for a while and dealing with a shady and incompetent service organization (it will happen, unless you’re utterly oblivious to defects). You may find that selling it right away is the cheaper and less draining option.

2nd for Vroom if you can't find some springs to make the ride better; I'm driving those same wonderful roads as you with OEM 19s and for sure the roads are blech but the car is really great otherwise.

You could also try Shift also but pretty much as everyone said, you'll take a bit hit depreciation wise w/o having had much actual fun/use of the car..

Good luck either way

This thread is kinda of peculiar to me. I am just wondering how many ppl who purchased a M3 thought the drive/feel was so bad to want to immediately sell it?

As all of the forums, online/YouTube reviews, and sales numbers indicate this is an incredible car. Best car I have ever owned (as most M3 owners attest to). There are so many other features about this car that seems to me trumps any qualms with the feel/drive. Lastly as many posters have mentioned, there are ways to address that short of selling it (change tires, change tire pressure, change from standard to Sport mode, change to chill mode, etc).

Ok, just had throw my 2 cents in here. To the OP, good luck with the sale and hopes it all works out!

I would think that some suspension redo would cost way less than the depreciation hit.