Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sell my 2019 m3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I also struggle getting in and out. The height bothered me in the beginning. But have lowered the seat all the way. So it doesnt bother me any more.

You should really set your Easy Access position. I was using it wrong for over a year before I realized how cool it really is.

Select the Easy Access profile then adjust your seat and steering wheel to the more comfortable position to exit the car and save the profile. I have mine adjusted to bring the steering wheel to the top position and in all the way and have my seat move back a little and all the way to the top position so I can just turn and slide right out.

Now whenever you put the car into the park it will move to that Easy Access position.

They can be run at factory ride height. Even though they have the same spring rate it's possible to have a smoother ride with higher quality dampers. No idea if they are actually smoother though.
I read they won't have the same comfort if run at stock height though. I think it was MPP who suggested you don't run them at stock height if you want them to be most comfortable.

Maybe UPP would be the better way to go? With those you don't need to adjust preload to raise them up. I was tempted to try these, but I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to install them myself.

You should really set your Easy Access position. I was using it wrong for over a year before I realized how cool it really is.

Select the Easy Access profile then adjust your seat and steering wheel to the more comfortable position to exit the car and save the profile. I have mine adjusted to bring the steering wheel to the top position and in all the way and have my seat move back a little and all the way to the top position so I can just turn and slide right out.

Now whenever you put the car into the park it will move to that Easy Access position.
Will look in to setting the profile - Thanks...

I read they won't have the same comfort if run at stock height though. I think it was MPP who suggested you don't run them at stock height if you want them to be most comfortable.

Maybe UPP would be the better way to go? With those you don't need to adjust preload to raise them up. I was tempted to try these, but I'm thinking I wouldn't be able to install them myself.
Ah. Yeah, I guess preload would make the ride quality worse. It does seem like there would be a market for a boat like ride suspension package. Personally I don't find the ride harsh at all, it's all relative!

I think the issue is that the Model 3 attracts many people who are not looking for a sports sedan. Tesla should really consider making multiple suspension tune options like BMW does.
Maybe OP should find a local with MPP Comfort Coilovers and convince them to give him a ride over some rough roads.

This is especially true for the SR+, which is not really a "performance" sports sedan... I guess the current suspension tuning is perfect for the P3D.

When I restored my HP '66 Mustang and upgraded to the Shelby GT spec I was greatly surprised at how stiff the suspension was, and wow, at first thought I felt I had made a mistake - until I realized that sacrificing a degree of comfort yielded amazing cornering and general handling.
I was surprised to experience the suspension on the new M3, that may even be a tiny bit harsher than the Mustang. What came clear to me is this car is suspended for performance - not comfort.
In a pinch, such as avoiding an accident, performance can make all the difference. I do understand your feelings, but I tend to fault the road condition more than the car. I'm 64, and know the days of the old highway boats that touted a comfortable ride, but my views evolved, and the bumps I could do without, but not the performance.

Reactions: Msjulie and alexGS
I think the issue is that the Model 3 attracts many people who are not looking for a sports sedan. Tesla should really consider making multiple suspension tune options like BMW does. Maybe OP should find a local with MPP Comfort Coilovers and convince them to give him a ride over some rough roads.

I have to disagree. Everything about this car screams sport sedan: Low, Sleek, Fast, Firm, Quirky. It's the Audi RS of the future 15 years from now. You can't really miss that. That is why I bought it.

I do agree there probably is a business opportunity for Tesla or someone to market well-tuned adjustable comfort coilovers. I would not be a customer.

Edit - I just looked up the MPP thread, maybe that is the answer. Ruin a good car :)

Reactions: CarlK and Tron 3
I have to disagree. Everything about this car screams sport sedan: Low, Sleek, Fast, Firm, Quirky. It's the Audi RS of the future 15 years from now. You can't really miss that. That is why I bought it.
There are tons of former Prius and Leaf owners here. It seems like a minority of people here are coming from sports cars or sports sedans. I like the suspension tuning just fine but I can see the argument for having the option of smoother ride.

If you really want to sell it, don’t get discouraged. I sold my 1 month old LR AWD via private party for a fair price and didn’t lose out too much (mainly due to incentives). It doesn’t hurt to list it on CL to see if you get any interest.

If you really want to sell it, don’t get discouraged. I sold my 1 month old LR AWD via private party for a fair price and didn’t lose out too much (mainly due to incentives). It doesn’t hurt to list it on CL to see if you get any interest.
Yup. I will see how things go. May visit the MP store and if they allow us to ride any car that has been fixed. I ma sell it after a year or so,