Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sellers, do you have ppl just reach out to you tell you that you price too high?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People who are shopping around will see price differences and will reach out to inform - it's part of the buying/selling processes.

If the seller does not like it, they can ignore it or sell to a dealer for a quick & easy deal, but obviously $s will be less.

Reactions: voxel
I don’t usually give opinions regarding people pricing, but I took the time to research about your Model X auction trades and Im sorry to inform you that they might be right. If your asking price is $71k then it seems to be about $10k over current trending prices.

All Teslas overall (Model 3 standard range being the exemption) are trading way lower than 1-2 years ago. Reason why I sold my 2021 refreshed Model S, to avoid getting eaten alive by the depreciation rate.

This is an screenshot from Manheim trades with an average of 40k miles.

354AA7B8-6B9B-41DA-835F-F5177E4EE183.jpeg

People who are shopping around will see price differences and will reach out to inform - it's part of the buying/selling processes.

If the seller does not like it, they can ignore it or sell to a dealer for a quick & easy deal, but obviously $s will be less.
I can say the same thing to the buyers too, if you think the price is too high, ignore it and shop around. Why the seller has to take this *sugar*?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I don’t usually give opinions regarding people pricing, but I took the time to research about your Model X auction trades and Im sorry to inform you that they might be right. If your asking price is $71k then it seems to be about $10k over current trending prices.

All Teslas overall (Model 3 standard range being the exemption) are trading way lower than 1-2 years ago. Reason why I sold my 2021 refreshed Model S, to avoid getting eaten alive by the depreciation rate.

This is an screenshot from Manheim trades with an average of 40k miles.

View attachment 868113
Thanks for the research. I look around all the X around, I think everyone selling X is pricing similarly. Maybe everyone is doing the same thing as I did?

Thanks for the research. I look around all the X around, I think everyone selling X is pricing similarly. Maybe everyone is doing the same thing as I did?

Are they actually selling at $71k?

Asking prices don’t set the trend, selling prices do.

Sellers can ask X amount, thing is, are they selling? So at least I can tell you is from actual sales happening at the auction and what the estimate at least on your specific model what “retail” value is, which in your specific car Im surprised to see such a close value, like $61,800 auction - $62,000 retail.

Usually a dealer will get away selling at $62k but charging dealer fees, or getting something out of the financing charges, or selling extra stuff like extended warranties, etc.

Its been a while since I don’t track sales since Im back to gas and I only kept an EV in my house (etron).

But I do have an overview of the market at least in FL and reality is that cars are sitting, new or used. Last week a local VW dealer to me had to sell about 6 of their “new” used Model Y’s for $59k, all of them had 40-100 miles on the odo, all of them purchased by them at the auction back in May, and I guess since then priced high or competitively high and couldn’t sell, so most likely they decided to give up at let them go for $59k each, when the same one is at $66k from Tesla directly, of course, people jumped on them, regardless, Model Y are trending at $60k, meaning that if you go right now and buy and brand spanking nee Model Y from Tesla, when you account for taxes, fees, etc you are going to be at least $10k underwater already.

Reactions: morbidz
Buyers either do that cause they like the car but it is priced higher from their shopping point of view or they just feel like you don't know n wanna educate u :)
Sellers can set whatever price they want, if u can't sell it for a long time then u know the price is high...
In the end, its all supply/demand

Reactions: dapao
There are buyers that want something so much, but aren't willing to pay the market price. After shopping for a prolonged period of time, they get frustrated and feel compelled to tell people their prices are too high. It's nothing personal, so just thank them for their feedback or disregard it completely.

It’s like Twitter. A bunch of folks esp TMC think it’s imperative to share their dishonest opinion whether it’s asked for or not. It’s not nice or helpful. I just Ignore or block them :)