Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIX below 20...

1669927921772.png

I don't remember a product unveil/delivery event that moved the SP in a significant way, with the exception of Cybertruck that had a negative reaction. Anyone else remember differently?

Could be wrong but unless the delivery event includes unexpectedly bullish news on production or other material news, I would expect the call wall at $200 to prevail tomorrow.

Last edited:
I don't remember a product unveil/delivery event that moved the SP in a significant way, with the exception of Cybertruck that had a negative reaction. Anyone else remember differently?

Could be wrong but unless the delivery event includes unexpectedly bullish news on production or other material news, I would expect the call wall at $200 to prevail tomorrow.

Feels like the "buy the news" is more muted with every event. I remember huge hype and let down from the D event in 2014 and others back in the day, but seems like people have now caught on that these events don't move the stock. Which means...maybe it will move up this time?

1st time since 5 yrs ago!

TSLA - What Happens Next Day if Today's Gain is = 0%

View attachment 880258

I think we should start comparing TSLA action with market action. In general if TSLA moves because the market moves, and then TSLA doesn't move the next day because the market doesn't move - that shouldn't be surprising.

ps : OTOH, if TSLA moves separately from the market, I'd expect some kind of spill over to the next day.

I think we should start comparing TSLA action with market action. In general if TSLA moves because the market moves, and then TSLA doesn't move the next day because the market doesn't move - that shouldn't be surprising.

ps : OTOH, if TSLA moves separately from the market, I'd expect some kind of spill over to the next day.
Same.

TSLA seemed to take the $3750 discount news pretty well today.

yes they are. if put strike > current share price, they're ITM.
BTW, there's very likely some spreads shown in this table, e.g. for these transactions here, they executed in the same second. might be a bear put spread or a bull put spread. It's hard to judge which it is since both legs supposedly hit on the bid. Isolated this would indicate someone selling the puts rather than buying them

1669971497237.png

Reactions: MikeC