Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn! (that's gotta be bullish right?)

View attachment 885233
Yer I got some TSLA 400 puts expiring june 2024 assigned too lol. They just want out and want to free up the cash I guess.

It doesn't necessarily mean bullish because these guys bought them as protection as they own the shares. They most likely just want the cash to buy something else.

Last edited:
I was assigned January 2024 310 Puts!!!!!

This means I'm really screwed. I have to roll all my Jan 2024 BPSs now to Jan 2025, and use more cash.

Thanks again ELON!!!! 🤬🤬🤬
Ouch man so sorry to hear this.

There’s got to be something else going on this week in addition to Elon sales and rebalancing. The volume is just off the charts.

I’m trying to look at other potential reasons that might explain this week’s selling and volume. Can “Tax loss harvesting” be a huge contributing factor? I think a lot of the newer TSLA investors are stuck in the 200-400 range. If you sold the top around 400 and bought back in around 200 then you could potentially have a scenario where you can offset capital gains by selling the the share lots that currently have a loss. Or if you had gains from other stocks they can be offset too. I’m afraid we have 2 more weeks before the end of this year and there could be more tax loss harvesting to come. This is a perfect storm in favor of the shorts.

I’m trying to look at other potential reasons that might explain this week’s selling and volume.
I think reason is simple, Elon has torched the brand to a point that people just want out.

Case in point: I got a call from my 78 year old mom last night, whom I had convinced over the years to buy several hundred shares of TSLA. She "can't take reading about Elon anymore" and wants me to sell all of her shares today. She is probably like a lot of retail investors right now. (I talked her out of it).

I can't decide if I pay to roll everything to 2025, and risk assignment again (there is not much extrinsic value even for 2025), or liquidate everything for a 90% portfolio loss (which means selling the jet and putting that money into the stock when I get the money in 3 months).

• Informative
Reactions: corduroy
I totally agree with his conclusion on 3 days selling pattern, it was exact the same with Elon's selling on April, August and November.

Note for myself, next time if I notice any unusual volume that makes the stock go divergence with the marco, remember there will be very likely another 2 days like that, so that I can take appropriate actions.
Yeah, except last time the chart looked like that it wasn't Elon...

Ok so we have a relief for 2 months before Elon sells again 3 consecutive days 0.6% of his shares again.

Glad this was Elon selling, I hate Twitter for it but at least there was a reason for it.

Now let that stock price rise to 190 before he starts selling again.

FML

I can't say it won't happen, but Twitter should be on better ground now:
Sale in the event court forced purchase
Sale due to Twitter cash position/ equity
Sale to eliminate high interest loans

At this point, Twitter operating costs are slashed, the financing has less carrying costs, advertisers are returning, and meaningful checkmark/ subscriptions are rolling out.

Less pressure going forward (I hope)

I can't decide if I pay to roll everything to 2025, and risk assignment again (there is not much extrinsic value even for 2025), or liquidate everything for a 90% portfolio loss (which means selling the jet and putting that money into the stock when I get the money in 3 months).
I am blown away that you are in this position.

Please remember that it is just money. You can’t take it with you. And nothing is more valuable than your family and friends.

I hope you figure a way out, as it is well above my pay grade to suggest anything.

Ouch! That is some bad luck.
My Sept 2023 320 Puts are still not assigned, I might have to look at rolling them out if we do not bounce up asap.
Just my first assignement on 2025 options

15 PUT -100 TSLA'25 17JA@430.

Now I really don’t know what strike price I should select instead to have more time value.

Seriously I will have to start liquidating my core shares to cover all these underwater put. I can’t start paying 5k in interest every month

Reactions: Bunky
Just my first assignement on 2025 options

15 PUT -100 TSLA'25 17JA@430.

Now I really don’t know what strike price I should select instead to have more time value.

Seriously I will have to start liquidating my core shares to cover all these underwater put. I can’t start paying 5k in interest every month
I bit the bullet and took losses on all my sold puts in the 160s while selling a bunch of shares to clear margin. They were rolled out to 2025 often and early so I cleared small amounts here and there before taking a huge hit.

From what I can tell I used less margin percentage than most here, and still got obliterated.

I hope you recover along with the SP soon.

Just got assigned on 2025 contracts t
I bit the bullet and took losses on all my sold puts in the 160s while selling a bunch of shares to clear margin. They were rolled out to 2025 often and early so I cleared small amounts here and there before taking a huge hit.

From what I can tell I used less margin percentage than most here, and still got obliterated.

I hope you recover along with the SP soon.
I used 25% margin

What strike price did you select in 2025? I’m hesitating to select 400

Hope you find some relief today…….

Just got assigned on 2025 contracts t

I used 25% margin

What strike price did you select in 2025? I’m hesitating to select 400
My strike prices ranged from 270 to 380. This was after trying my best to roll down in strike price every time while scalping a cut. 400 sounds like it could get assigned at any time based on time value if the stock stays in the mid 100s.

Reactions: BornToFly
My strike prices ranged from 270 to 380. This was after trying my best to roll down in strike price every time while scalping a cut. 400 sounds like it could get assigned at any time based on time value if the stock stays in the mid 100s.
Then I’ll go with 380 to avoid assignement

Everything is dark red while TSLA is finally green. Please let us have One relief day ffs

Last edited:
Reactions: traxila and Bunky