Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is curious... after Darth Powell's speech, the bears jumped-in and pushed SPY & QQQ almost negative, but the futures were going up during this process and are currently +1%

Never understood that, tbh...

Anyway, slightly dovish from Powell I would say, no negative surprises, but no olive-branches either, yet...

So this is curious... after Darth Powell's speech, the bears jumped-in and pushed SPY & QQQ almost negative, but the futures were going up during this process and are currently +1%

Anyway, slightly dovish from Powell I would say, no negative surprises, but no olive-branches either, yet...
This sentence makes me happy, I love it when I see ppl watching multiple data points in parallel to help inform understanding.

He did say nothing about banks.... that must be it... could not be positive, so said nothing instead. (I am shorting (+P ATM, very low IV!!) october KRE, JPM and WFC.. (just rolled my winning September ones into October, because all of September will be wild I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Holder
oh my gosh, head and shoulders formed on the minute chart as well. (intermediate?) Target of that one today could be 225 (and then anything could happen after that..)
Scherm­afbeelding 2023-08-25 om 17.17.45.png

oh my gosh, head and shoulders formed on the minute chart as well. (intermediate?) Target of that one today could be 225 (and then anything could happen after that..)View attachment 968138
Were currently sitting RIGHT AT VERY weak support (~231) and that air pocket I mentioned about 10 days ago is still there, down to $205, I don’t see the mild safety I called for at that time at 210/212 to give us a small retracement back to 240

• Informative
Reactions: SpeedyEddy
Our dear manipulator friends are doing a fine job on NVDA today...

And to add to my earlier musings, STO 25x 1/9 -c230 @$7.1

I would have preferred -c240's, but that needed a pop to $242 to trigger my order, which it was heading towards before the bears piled at the end of JPow's speech

So this isn't a "sell and hope", but rather that I want to offload my 3500 shares and will make a nice downside bet in the interim - can roll them next week to squeeze out some more premium if they go ATM or slightly ATM

Also have 10x -p230 in play for next week, so a 1:3.5 ratio straddle

Reactions: cbh03
The potential for some TSLA-specific fundamentals-changing market surprises over the next month or so has made me willing to take a flier on some short term calls. So for now I'm not a call seller but a buyer. GLTA.
That ChatGPT moment might come for TSLA or it might just be a pipedream. If it doesnt then well the street isnt putting a valuation on it anyway. But if it does at the bottom of this uptrend channel...

Today's flow is checking all 3 boxes for me:

1. Heavy call inflow.
2. LEAP OTM is outperforming LEAP ATM.
3. TSLA is outperforming its beta

Something is cooking is my read.

Anyone know when options will be listed for $VFS? I'lm very tempted to buy some puts on this one, $162B market cap, and how many cars is it they produce, and what's the P/E? 😆

Hmmm, now I look, I didn't even think this was possible? Why didn't Musk implement this from the beginning: "VinFast restricts trading of its shares by banning short sales and options trading, which are common practices in the U.S. market. The absence of derivative securities services has kept large investment funds out of the game so far"

Or is that referring to a previous situation and now they're I the Nasdaq they will have derivatives?

1692983018101.png

Anyone know when options will be listed for $VFS? I'lm very tempted to buy some puts on this one, $162B market cap, and how many cars is it they produce, and what's the P/E? 😆

Hmmm, now I look, I didn't even think this was possible? Why didn't Musk implement this from the beginning: "VinFast restricts trading of its shares by banning short sales and options trading, which are common practices in the U.S. market. The absence of derivative securities services has kept large investment funds out of the game so far"

Or is that referring to a previous situation and now they're I the Nasdaq they will have derivatives?

View attachment 968154

I was just talking about this stock elsewhere. Valuation is a complete joke, but I'm not interested in naked shorting. (Shorting is going on, btw - so the bit about banning short sales is rubbish.)

That ChatGPT moment might come for TSLA or it might just be a pipedream. If it doesnt then well the street isnt putting a valuation on it anyway. But if it does at the bottom of this uptrend channel...

Today's flow is checking all 3 boxes for me:

1. Heavy call inflow.
2. LEAP OTM is outperforming LEAP ATM.
3. TSLA is outperforming its beta

Something is cooking is my read.

For those of us in short-term puts/calls, is TSLA range-bound 230-240 next week? Seems it needs to break 240 to get anywhere meaningful but market is below 50-day and appears weak overall.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Bunky and cbh03
For those of us in short-term puts/calls, is TSLA range-bound 230-240 next week? Seems it needs to break 240 to get anywhere meaningful but market is below 50-day and appears weak overall.
if it breaks 242 the break will be violent, mirroring the reversal off of 213. So, while Im not saying lets buy calls here, Im simply reminding everyone that there will be no friendly texts from Mr. Market saying we are about to take off time to get on.

As for me, Im still sitting on my hands. If we break down from here I will be the first one to short a crap ton of naked LEAPs, but until that happens, Ill be waiting for 242 to give way. This flow feels real to me.

Last edited:

View attachment 968154

I was reading that it is going to be a hard company too short because only 1% of the shares are traded.