Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next week 10/27 expiration has about equal contracts @ $227.50 and $200.00. Does this imply being pinned in the middle ($215-$220 range with some blips above or below)?

1697830906759.png

Finally closed my covered calls I've been rolling since June. Rolled it 14 times, sometimes weekly and sometimes for couple of weeks to get some credit.

The call spread I rolled 11 times between June and August when SP went to 212 last time. I didn't close out the C210 covered calls last time - so it has taken two more months.

All I was trying to do was to get 30 cents ! I wasn't being adventurous. Those would be with a delta of about 0.05 (or about 5% chance of being hit). But, if in 50 weeks, even if we get caught out 2 times, it can take months to resolve - and we might lose the nerve in between and sell leaps which may take years to resolve ! Indeed I got caught two times this year. First time in Jan and then again in June. Jan calls were resolved in March, after rolling 5 times.

Lots of learnings here - I hope to capture and post in the coming days.

Next week 10/27 expiration has about equal contracts @ $227.50 and $200.00. Does this imply being pinned in the middle ($215-$220 range with some blips above or below)?
Next week can be volatile. I don't think options tell us anything about next week. I'm going to wait for Monday to decide what to sell. Currently thinking 240 calls and 180 puts.

Next week can be volatile. I don't think options tell us anything about next week. I'm going to wait for Monday to decide what to sell. Currently thinking 240 calls and 180 puts.

Right before the closing bell:
• STO 20x -C230 10/27 @$1.00
• BTO 24x +P165 11/17 @ $1.00 (temp hedge against my 24x -P300 12/2025; and possibly even make some money of we visit $202 or below)
• Holding my longs and leap calls (missed the trip down from $254 :rolleyes: and left a lot on the table from not selling there and rebuying here; but happy to finally be out of my 60x -C500 12/2025, even if it had a very tiny chance of ever going ITM, I like my shares unencumbered for durations more than a week or two out).

Have a great weekend everyone, that was quite a week!

:cool:

Quick reminder: this is the thread where we talk about selling options. See title. Recently it has become more of a WSB-like daytrading chatbox with near-continuous updates and predictions about the stock price, which is drowning out the subject of this thread. Can we cut back on the caffeine?
I suspect this is temporary due to earnings and the ensuing volatility we've been witnessing. But a good reminder nonetheless

Quick reminder: this is the thread where we talk about selling options. See title. Recently it has become more of a WSB-like daytrading chatbox with near-continuous updates and predictions about the stock price, which is drowning out the subject of this thread. Can we cut back on the caffeine?
Can't sell options without discussing stock price and where we think it will be intraday, the Friday, the month, and the year. Also any major stock moving news happening during the trading day needs to be shared ASAP to try to help everyone. I think we do a good job of keeping it pretty clean compared to the main thread. This has been a shocking couple of days.

Can't sell options without discussing stock price and where we think it will be intraday, the Friday, the month, and the year. Also any major stock moving news happening during the trading day needs to be shared ASAP to try to help everyone. I think we do a good job of keeping it pretty clean compared to the main thread. This has been a shocking couple of days.

Agree with this. All those posts are relevant to when to open or close our positions. I’m not seeing the “It’s green!” kind of posts from the other thread at all.

For my part, sold 20x each -c210 and -c220 with a few puts rolled down to 215-225 for next week. I’m not hopeful about a rebound and more concerned about testing 200. With a large long position, these drops are really painful without call premiums to take the edge off. I really don’t want to go through 2022 again.

What BTF said, maybe my vacation-break will help me to stop littering the thread, as well as y’all not liking my posts anymore if I might return. I know I am the most contaminating piece of work in this thread and once in a while post about options, three or four times today I guess and the rest was all about the bottom, not interesting to anyone in options, I agree. So ban me. I’m out. Have a nice EOY. I will sure keep reading.
BTW @dl003 should always keep posting in this thread and not only about options. Who is against his EW-posts in this options thread raise his hand now. Or forever hold his peace.

Reactions: EnzoXYZ

It’s true that the stock price and options are deeply intertwined, and it’s fine when major stock moving news is reported. But I was referring to the constant feverish reporting on where the stock price is at and where it might be in a few hours time.