Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you often consider buying another car after one year or so of ownership…or is this simply a thought exercise as an excuse to vent? Timing’s a b*t**; welcome to our world.
My wife pushed me to buy another Model X, for me it's too big for European roads and I find it very stressful taking it to the city centre. I was looking to downgrade to a Model S, but the trade-in offer curtailed that idea, I will live with stress of driving a "monster truck" in our medieval streets...

Last edited:
Boxed in:

1708708946055.png

If you buy the +p500 and never sell against it then you're purely betting on SPY dropping below 500, the point of selling safe short puts against them is to make profit regardless of what happens. Ideally I'd look to sell $1 weeklies or 25c dailies, which would 2x ROIC

So the main risk of selling weekly short puts against them at $1 is being put SPY at the strike if it assigns, right?
Does holding the +P of SPY help with this in any way?

We should changed the names of this forum to - Be the House on NVDA and SMCI while Tesla falled asleep…..

might as well dump to 188 and finished the recoiling.

Seem everyone and their parents were buying NVDA\SMCI yesterday and no money left for TSLA.
Our day will come.....

...when Nvidia buys Tesla 😆

So the main risk of selling weekly short puts against them at $1 is being put SPY at the strike if it assigns, right?
Does holding the +P of SPY help with this in any way?
In some brokers I think the +p/-p are linked, but in my case, for sure, there's none, the +p is just providing margin limitation

In theory, if the SP moves down you can keep selling below, or at, the Long strike all the way to expiry, but if the SP dumps enough then there's a chance you could lose on the trade as the short Delta is much higher than the long, that's the risk...

Ideally you beed to buy the long and short on a high IV week, like NVDA this week the weekly premiums were way higher than the monthlies, so was possible to setup a narrow calendar spread for net zero

Reactions: Jim Holder