Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seem the AIs sector are dominating the market today. SMCI is trying to hit 1000.

@Yoona what's the anticipated closing for SMCI 3/22? Thanks.

1711036103550.png

IV crashed so 4 delta 1dte is only ~80 away

not too comfortable with this since weekly Low=855 but giving it a try anyway 🙏

View attachment 1030291

and i forgot to do 200 wide :mad:
Yeah, on weekly spreads I'd be terrified with SMCI, but for calendar diagonals it's super OK, even if the -p850's go ITM, no sweat...

Looking at -p875's for next week, but not with the current pop, have a daily limit sell for $22.1 set, otherwise can wait until some red, no rush

Yeah, on weekly spreads I'd be terrified with SMCI, but for calendar diagonals it's super OK, even if the -p850's go ITM, no sweat...

Looking at -p875's for next week, but not with the current pop, have a daily limit sell for $22.1 set, otherwise can wait until some red, no rush
When it pop it pop like crazy. Same as when it dump. For weekly it's scary as it can blaze through 7 delta like butter.

TSLA on the other hand was a couple dollar here and there. Great for ICs but the Premium was too low.
Waiting for it to hit close to trendline and use that as the selling/buying points.

Reactions: Patrick66

teach me, O Wise One 🙏

what's a sample setup of the calendar diagonal and what's the fix if "-p850's go ITM"?

TIA!

AAPL is pulling down MACRO due to a historical AAPL vs USA lawsuit.

Hence the SPY/QQQ pump was blocked from climbing higher. IMO tomorrow Friday we should see some sell-off before the Weekend.

Clean out all my contract and holding some Long Put Spread on AAPL for tomorrow.

May reenter on a 1DTE for NVDA with 5-6 delta at closing for a bag of kibble.
1DTE for TLA not worth it unless going for -175C.

Reactions: Max Plaid
Still holding the +p/-p spread for 4/26 and also Jan '25 +p180 with anticipation that we'll tag lower than we are so that I can maximize the profit, recover some of the cash laid out to close the -p240 for same expiry.

Yesterday I opened an IC against @Yoona new darling for 4.35 ... want to talk about a nail biter? The SP on this one moves randomly up/down $25 at a time, settles, wakes, buzzes. Checking gamma, vanna, 1800 is where dealers might want it but there's some work to get through beginning at 1650 strike and upwards every $50. What's your read, yoona? Still feeling good but jittery like a caffeine high; going to hold it through tomorrow morning or cut it loose before market close today if things get dicey.

GLTA!

Reactions: Right_Said_Fred
Still holding the +p/-p spread for 4/26 and also Jan '25 +p180 with anticipation that we'll tag lower than we are so that I can maximize the profit, recover some of the cash laid out to close the -p240 for same expiry.

Yesterday I opened an IC against @Yoona new darling for 4.35 ... want to talk about a nail biter? The SP on this one moves randomly up/down $25 at a time, settles, wakes, buzzes. Checking gamma, vanna, 1800 is where dealers might want it but there's some work to get through beginning at 1650 strike and upwards every $50. What's your read, yoona? Still feeling good but jittery like a caffeine high; going to hold it through tomorrow morning or cut it loose before market close today if things get dicey.

GLTA!

1σ=1355-2090

TSLA has more +GEX than -GEX going into tomorrow, it may run a bit given it also held $171-$173:

View attachment 1030391

A run would be nice...I'd like to sell some -c185s expiring next Thursday (since Friday is an exchange holiday). Have to think any bounce would get sold down by Wednesday at the latest.

I thought the markets looked a bit tired today, weak sauce, except SMCI, of course, which may well drop back -10% tomorrow...

Of course I was out playing music, could be glued to my Mac, but watching the tickers on my watch while I played. Bulls looked weak IMO

Anyway, I'm road-tripping tomorrow with the whole family, dogs and all, to Scotland (brother lives there), so won't really be a position to sit and wait for the best moment to roll this weeks trades, so traded them today:

BTC 2x SMCI -p850 net +$10 -> Limit STO -p875 @$22.1 in place for tomorrow when it dumps back to $900 because that's what it does 🤪
BTC 5x NVDA -p900 net +$36 -> List STO -p900 @$22.1 in place for tomorrow when it moves to $900 for OPEX 🤔
Rolled 100x TSLA -c170 to next week net +$2.1 -> would have preferred to see if they would expire OTM tomorrow, but just not possible, lowest volume day since November 🥱

Last edited:
I thought the markets looks a bit tired today, weak sauce, except SMCI, of course, which may well drop back -10% tomorrow...

Of course I was out playing music, could be glued to my Mac, but watching the tickers on my watch while I played. Bulls looked weak IMO

Anyway, I'm road-tripping tomorrow with the whole family, dogs and all, to Scotland (brother lives there), so won't really be a position to sit and wait for the best moment to roll this weeks trades, so traded them today:

BTC 2x SMCI -p850 net +$10 -> Limit STO -p875 @$22.1 in place for tomorrow when it dumps back to $900 because that's what it does 🤪
BTC 5x NVDA -p900 net +$36 -> List STO -p900 @$22.1 in place for tomorrow when it moves to $900 for OPEX 🤔
Rolled 100x TSLA -c170 to next week net +$2.1 -> would have preferred to see if they would expire OTM tomorrow, but just not possible, lowest volume day since November 🥱
Here is my TA for tomorrow based on what I think we will hear from wicked Stocks, for Friday, March 22nd.
TSLA could go up, or, it could go down, but most likely down. Take that to the bank.
Not advice!