Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1711114804306.png

3/22

1711114828021.png

3/28

1711114852092.png

1711114871574.png

1711114915057.png

1711114889285.png

Hhhmmmm. Looks like 100 posts saying that a bad Q1 could drop the SP are ok, but posts about FSD progress, which could potentially causing a pop, are being deleted. I understand that it can be viewed as "hopium," but nothing else can move the SP up 10-20% quickly and run over CCs like FSD news. Once the "whales" are positioned properly, I can see articles suddenly appearing with headlines that say FSD has made a major step forward and robotaxi is finally coming.

My son got 12.3 yesterday. I was talking to him on the phone while he was on a drive. The number of "Oh my God" and "No WAY!!!" from him was hilarious. All the spots that used to make him disengage with previous versions were flawless with 12.3. He said it was like a human. For example, It made a difficult right turn, and then quickly and confidently crossed 3 lanes for an immediate left turn (like a human), among many examples. He was BLOWN AWAY.

Also new tweet from Elon:

I understand that Q1 might not be great and we may go lower. But the stock market is bipolar and if it suddenly decides to value FSD, watch out.

Hhhmmmm. Looks like 100 posts saying that a bad Q1 could drop the SP are ok, but posts about FSD progress, which could potentially causing a pop, are being deleted. I understand that it can be viewed as "hopium," but nothing else can move the SP up 10-20% quickly and run over CCs like FSD news. Once the "whales" are positioned properly, I can see articles suddenly appearing with headlines that say FSD has made a major step forward and robotaxi is finally coming.

My son got 12.3 yesterday. I was talking to him on the phone while he was on a drive. The number of "Oh my God" and "No WAY!!!" from him was hilarious. All the spots that used to make him disengage with previous versions were flawless with 12.3. He said it was like a human. For example, It made a difficult right turn, and then quickly and confidently crossed 3 lanes for an immediate left turn (like a human), among many examples. He was BLOWN AWAY.

Also new tweet from Elon:

I understand that Q1 might not be great and we may go lower. But the stock market is bipolar and if it suddenly decides to value FSD, watch out.
I have just never seen the stock respond to an awesome product release until it shows up in the financials.

Model S came out mid-2012 and stock didn’t pop until initial profitability in May 2013. Model 3 came out 2018 stock didn’t pop until 2019-2020.

I believe one of our biggest risks at TMC is being right, but too early - which makes us wrong.

I have just never seen the stock respond to an awesome product release until it shows up in the financials.

Model S came out mid-2012 and stock didn’t pop until initial profitability in May 2023. Model 3 came out 2018 stock didn’t pop until 2019-2020.

I believe one of our biggest risks at TMC is being right, but too early - which makes us wrong.
If I remember right, I lost around $3 million on the Hertz news pop a few years ago.

confidently crossed 3 lanes for an immediate left turn
My commute TO work has been interventionless for the last handful of versions (I still don't have V12), theres only ONE spot on the commute FROM work where I have to intervene every time, and it's because it can't cross 3 lanes quick enough. That's exciting!

I think it will be awhile before a higher take rate starts to get priced in - they need to start giving a few months of free FSD upon delivery

Robotaxi ain't coming anytime soon.

12.3 does some things much better- it still does some things poorly (or even worse- curbing wheels and speed control to name two)... Even at L2... and there's many threads already in the FSD/AI forums to discuss that. It does not appear to be something that'll be a significant short-term thing either way.

Hhhmmmm. Looks like 100 posts saying that a bad Q1 could drop the SP are ok, but posts about FSD progress, which could potentially causing a pop, are being deleted. I understand that it can be viewed as "hopium," but nothing else can move the SP up 10-20% quickly...
I don't disagree that FSD will eventually cause a pop, but posts about FSD have a way of propagating out of control for months on end; I think they're trying to keep them in the Investor's thread...

And nothing does indeed move the SP up quickly sometimes.

Reactions: tivoboy
PSA…

US equity markets closed NEXT FRIDAY 3/29/24, and P&D is most likely Tuesday 4/2/24, although they have done this sometimes on a sunday If that is when the date falls. (and since 4/1 is April FOOLS (known historically for ppl who couldn’t follow calendars), having setups ready by Thursday latest (either in or out) might be prudent.

Last edited: