Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
đź‘€

Someone bought 30,000 +C105 12/18/2026
(OI is 11, vol is 30,000)

View attachment 1039335

To be honest, I see the data but don't know if/how to trade on it. Do any of you use option flow to inform trades (selling/buying calls/puts) and how?

1713366272187.png

Calls still growing:

1713366356855.png

1713366301085.png

• Informative
Reactions: Max Plaid and MikeC
Thanks. You've shared a lot already so I hate to ask, but can you summarize in words what you're seeing for the next two weeks for TSLA levels-wise? It's difficult for me to parse this data from the probability charts.
very high probability of ~150 next week

gammas can't predict direction, they only assist once sp gets there

but there's a lot of call buying rn

1713366428150.png

the 3rd leg down of a falling wedge has to meet, or (99.99% of the time) exceed the 2nd leg. Bottom of the 2nd leg was 160.51. It touched 160.51 again today. TECHNICALLY, that could have been it. Of course ER is going to decide, but this drop sure has thrown a wrench in my model. I hate to consider this 0.01% scenario but it is what we're having right now.
View attachment 1035878
This 0.01% scenario continued to be elusive and the stock is doing what has been expected of it. It may have broken 160, but all that did, at least at the moment, was push it further along the bottoming process UNTIL it crashes, if it crashes. If it doesn't crash, a stock getting to the last stage of bottoming should scare shorts a bit.

Adam Jonas: "Amidst bearish institutional investor sentiment, we reiterate our OW rating on Tesla with a $310 price target. Our thesis on Tesla is that it is both an auto stock + an energy, AI/robotics company. In fact, our valuation of the core auto business ($62/share) represents just 20% of our $310 price target. Negative developments in the global EV market very much matter to Tesla and should reasonably have a negative near-term impact on the price of the stock. At the same time, however, we believe investors should not ignore the continued developments of Tesla’s other plays, many of which are auto-related (i.e. the recurring revenue opportunity from the Tesla fleet – embedded in our Tesla Network Services valuation) and other areas that we do not include within our $310 target but that the market may include (i.e. Optimus) which we expect to learn much more about during the 2024 Tesla AI day (date TBD)."

This 0.01% scenario continued to be elusive and the stock is doing what has been expected of it. It may have broken 160, but all that did, at least at the moment, was push it further along the bottoming process UNTIL it crashes, if it crashes. If it doesn't crash, a stock getting to the last stage of bottoming should scare shorts a bit.
Thanks

Is there a citation for this?
Yes, it’s in the SEC filing itself. You can find a link to the full filing a little further up, but here is the relevant paragraph. This is the way the world works… outcomes in situations like this are pre-determined.

Stockholders Want to Speak for Themselves. The Special Committee noted that Tesla stockholders’ views about their Company are important. Their views on Mr. Musk’s compensation, motivation, and retention are especially important because — as the Company’s public disclosures have said for years — the Company is “highly dependent on the services of Elon Musk.” As a result, the Company’s relationship with Mr. Musk is a key focus of the Board’s stockholder engagement program.
Since the Tornetta Opinion — a case brought by a plaintiff who then held nine shares of the Company’s common stock — many stockholders have strongly expressed support for Mr. Musk’s compensation. The Special Committee noted that dozens of institutional stockholders have, unprompted, told the Company’s Investor Relations team that they disagree with Tornetta’s invalidation of the 2018 CEO Performance Award. Seven institutional stockholders — including four of the top 10 — felt strongly enough to seek a meeting with the Board Chair and raise the issue. One of those top 10 investors, T. Rowe Price, sent a follow up letter to the Board Chair reiterating its support for a new stockholder vote, excerpts of which are included in the Special Committee Report.
The Special Committee noted that this issue has also galvanized many retail stockholders. More than 6,000 individuals claiming to be stockholders owning more than 23 million total shares — equivalent to the 11th largest institutional stockholder — sent unsolicited letters and emails to the Board or to the Tornetta court supporting the reinstatement of Mr. Musk’s equity compensation.
The Special Committee found this stockholder feedback powerful and persuasive. In its judgment, this alone justifies holding a ratification vote so that stockholders can determine whether Musk’s compensation plan is fair and in their best interests.

Could this be the same scenario with the PD week. We all bet it crash and then it just traded sideway?

I have not added any Put Spread and was just contemplating selling out of the money call @170C or above to be safe.

Any changes to your positioning for ER week?

The irony (and awful luck) is that the week of Tesla’s pivotal Earnings Report may be the week the markets in general implode, adding downward pressure.

Unless one believes that just as TSLA didn’t rally with the ATH market=it won’t crash with them either 🤷‍♂️

Wow. What are you seeing that lead you to that expectation?
Because huge walls like that don't tend to be breached, doesn't mean it won't happen, which is why I sold $10 lower at 140, some wiggle-room, should be able to roll those down a bit, in any case, my +p150's will be +200% at 140, could be the moment to sell anyway, who knows!

In the meantime I'll make some wonga - don't forget I wrote -c150's yesterday too, so would be a bit win from those if it went sub-150

Could this be the same scenario with the PD week. We all bet it crash and then it just traded sideway?

I have not added any Put Spread and was just contemplating selling out of the money call @170C or above to be safe.

Any changes to your positioning for ER week?
Before P&D, the sentiment was not as bearish as it is now. I myself chose to stay on the sideline due to a misread. After P&D was when everybody got super duper bearish to a huge surprise to the upside. That bearish sentiment has not changed in the last 2 weeks so I'd not call them 2 scenarios. It is still the same scenario playing out. Considering how big the "bull trap" (or was it a short squeeze? did anyone get bullish?) was ($19 from 161 to 179) vs how small the break was ($8 from 161 to 153), there is a cause for caution if you're short. Sure the stock still has more room to drop and even crash, but at the moment I don't see it yet.

I don't have any position for ER week, nor do I intend to.

EDIT: I guess you can call the June -220Cs I sold yesterday my ER play. Already up 20% in 24 hours despite the sideway SP.

Last edited:
The irony (and awful luck) is that the week of Tesla’s pivotal Earnings Report may be the week the markets in general implode, adding downward pressure.

Unless one believes that just as TSLA didn’t rally with the ATH market=it won’t crash with them either 🤷‍♂️
I think we might getting a peak in through the window about what Wall St is valuing Tesla's autonomy/vision...which if that is indeed the case, it's a valuation based on far out earnings and growth and thus I would expect TSLA to detach from macro's and be more driven by FSD progress over the next couple of months until Aug 8th.

It's entirely in Tesla's court....keep releasing builds that show material progress each couple of weeks or a big update per month with meaningful progress and the autonomy bullish narrative can hold the valuation while the auto sector suffers. But if they hit a wall in progress I expect sentiment to change drastically.

I mentioned I few days back, but I would love to see how TSLA would be holding up right now if V12 had not been released yet. Odds are we would be breaking through 140 at least right now and tapping on 125's door going into earnings.

Look

It has already been reported that 4 of the largest institutional shareholders already went to the company and said for them to do this, that they would support it. You think Tesla would take this step without knowing what Blackrock, Vanguard, T Rowe Price and others will do? That’s not how the world works
On a side note - do institutional investors who own stock because of ETFs vote ? I can understand them voting when they have the stock in managed mutual funds.

Reload CCs NTM/ITM close DTE or higher/further out, or long puts (or both)?
Not sure because it depends where the stock goes. I’d want downside protection heading into the weekend, maybe CCs NTM and long puts with strikes $10 below the SP for 4/26. I’d close them out before the ER if they were to go green enough.

Reactions: Jim Holder