Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically the auto market is doing pretty well. Last year was 15.6 million total. This year we’re at a current run rate higher than that. Nearly 5.5m just in the first four months of the year. So something is working

I doubt we’ll ever see the 17m years from half a decade ago but 15.5-16m should be considered a win
I should have said "EV auto market." I can't imagine legacy auto would be giving out 0% loans on their EVs if demand was healthy. I don't know, maybe they would. But I don't think so. I can imagine the headlines if Tesla started offering 0% loans...

Pump pump pump...
Yes but in general this is a net positive for Tesla that he seems to caring about it more. Hopefully the free speech addiction is wearing off and he is hyper focused on how to commercialize FSD. I still think the “new models” language in the ER was nonsense but clearly the moves he is making are all pointed in “balls to the walll” to FSD direction.

Sure feels like he has set a near term bottom for the stock especially if macros cooperate. No?

Yes but in general this is a net positive for Tesla that he seems to caring about it more. Hopefully the free speech addiction is wearing off and he is hyper focused on how to commercialize FSD. I still think the “new models” language in the ER was nonsense but clearly the moves he is making are all pointed in “balls to the walll” to FSD direction.

Sure feels like he has set a near term bottom for the stock especially if macros cooperate. No?
Issue I have is that he is building up a track record of pumping the stock when it suits him, now because of his comp plan, previously when he was about to sell... then in the interim he's out of office or even talking the stock price down

Near-term low? Hard to say, what if Q2 P&D is also terrible, what if earnings drop further? Is that baked-in? Musk nonchalantly said Tesla would grow deliveries in 2024, which I already think it a tall order after Q1, if Q2 disappoints then that guidance will surely be withdrawn, of swept under the carpet...

And more random lay-offs, more price cuts, who knows...?

Issue I have is that he is building up a track record of pumping the stock when it suits him, now because of his comp plan, previously when he was about to sell... then in the interim he's out of office or even talking the stock price down

Near-term low? Hard to say, what if Q2 P&D is also terrible, what if earnings drop further? Is that baked-in? Musk nonchalantly said Tesla would grow deliveries in 2024, which I already think it a tall order after Q1, if Q2 disappoints then that guidance will surely be withdrawn, of swept under the carpet...

And more random lay-offs, more price cuts, who knows...?
To be honest investors are going to need to be pretty careful, if he doesn't get his comp plan he may go into baby mode and do something that'll screw up the stock in one way or another.

If he does get the comp plan his probably just going to go back to tweeting and X and stop putting so much time into Tesla, in which case you are left with a car company that has no growth. Hello sub 100.

Looks like Warren buying ;)
(Warren acknowledged that Tesla FSD, insurance can be disruptive to Geico cash cow ..)

Sold 197.5 CCs for this Fri ... few pennies for the next insurance fund ....
Closed my 800 NVDA PUT for this Fri, and opened one for Next Fri at 800 for 2$+

+ Now need some good China numbers tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
1715003395036.png

Obviously Tesla isn't just Elon. That's crazy talk. I think if you would have been on the board of directors you wouldn't have done any better. As a board of directors member how would you have handled the situation? They're just people like you and I. Hopefully smarter than us, but be realistic.
I think if you were on the board and Elon didn't fire you, or you didn't change his mind, you were not doing your job.

Reactions: Max Plaid
To be honest investors are going to need to be pretty careful, if he doesn't get his comp plan he may go into baby mode and do something that'll screw up the stock in one way or another.

If he does get the comp plan his probably just going to go back to tweeting and X and stop putting so much time into Tesla, in which case you are left with a car company that has no growth. Hello sub 100.
Well, that's another reason why I'm currently holding 200x +p150's for July and next January. Sure they might expire worthless, but I don't think the show is over yet...

I have to say that I had a lot of hope in the Gen3 compact to boost the company starting mid 2025, now with all the haze and doubt over that, and a roll of the dice seemingly on FSD, I don't know where we go from here

Anyway, hope y'all got some calls sold on the pop earlier, I was out collecting my wife and son from the train station as they had to pop to Paris for the day (Canadian immigration biometrics for my kid as he's going to university in Montreal)

For my side, still sitting on 80x -c175 & 100x -p180 -> would have liked to have sold a handful of calls earlier, but was sitting in my Tesla, so meh!

Looks like Warren buying ;)
(Warren acknowledged that Tesla FSD, insurance can be disruptive to Geico cash cow ..)

Sold 197.5 CCs for this Fri ... few pennies for the next insurance fund ....
Closed my 800 NVDA PUT for this Fri, and opened one for Next Fri at 800 for 2$+

+ Now need some good China numbers tomorrow ;)
Once more we being the "Buffet buying TSLA" bi-annual hopium cycle... 😂

Not sure Elon's "way" resonates with other his personal value or his investing philosophy

Got the Mon AM bump, and sold (sto) 17May$205 (11% OTM, behind the large $200 call wall) for a paltry $1.07. First step in shifting to more cautious CC as we await FSD developments; building a reserve with new premiums to buy down 16Aug$180 if and when we have a $15-$20 dip.
bought above ask 3000 contracts

1715007965327.png

Anyhow...we're crossing into the other thread, myself included.

I sold 205 CC's this morning before MMD and sold some 170 puts on the MMD. Will be interesting if the additional cuts push the stock up or down, or continue sideways. Either way, I'm trying to not get too close to the money. I do have some 185 calls that are an attempt to wind down some July calls at 220. I'll look to sell more calls at 200 if we get back up to 205 or above.

Once more we being the "Buffet buying TSLA" bi-annual hopium cycle... 😂

Not sure Elon's "way" resonates with other his personal value or his investing philosophy
was kidding on Buffet, I know he will not buy TSLA, doesn't meet criteria ..

but atleast they are cognizent that Tesla could disrupt their whole insurance business ;) And might be some thought for many more who attend the annual retreat.