Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A warning to other people still using Thinkorswim with TD credentials (which supposedly was not transitioning until this weekend): my session was just terminated (never seen that before) and I'm now locked out of my ability to sign in with TD, yet my accounts are not yet listed when signing in to TOS with Schwab. I should have known better than to expect this to go smoothly. :rolleyes:

Edit: All mobile apps also signed out, all now pointing to login with Schwab (which still says transitioning in 4 days), so completely unable to access my account :mad:

Final update: Since TD has login credentials associated with EVERY account # (but allows linking/delegation), it turns out I had not kept my house in order and needed to dust off the specific credential for my trading account instead of depending on the linking through another account. If you have all of this in order already no need for concern just yet.

Last edited:
A warning to other people still using Thinkorswim with TD credentials (which supposedly was not transitioning until this weekend): my session was just terminated (never seen that before) and I'm now locked out of my ability to sign in with TD, yet my accounts are not yet listed when signing in to TOS with Schwab. I should have known better than to expect this to go smoothly. :rolleyes:

Edit: All mobile apps also signed out, all now pointing to login with Schwab (which still says transitioning in 4 days), so completely unable to access my account :mad:
So, you MAY have had a transition this past weekend, but the big one is NEXT weekend 5/10-5/12..

I’m still able to use TOS and TOS apps with my legacy TDA credentials.

OT: What scared the BEJEASIOUS out of me last week was logging into my Schwab account where there is apparently a HIDDEN destination account for the TDA account to transfer into, AND there are four other legacy accounts and the overall Schwab logging showed NOTHING, 0$, N/A, etc. I immediately called them and they said it was just a general glitch with the APPS - and sure enough logging into the website showed all four prior accounts and their expected balances.

I’m thinking that FIS is going to be getting a lot of $$ from me in the not too distant future.

Disclaimer: long $SCHW stock from ($48) but reconsidering this position since balances accrual and NIM is part of my calculus to taking the initial position.

• Informative
Reactions: elasalle and bubb
With regard to poor trade-in values, I like how Tesla doesn't give people much trade-in value for used vehicles. Give it to Tesla cheap so they at least stand a chance to make a bit of profit, or do it yourself.

All things considered, I like Tesla's high loan rates and poor trade-in values because that's how I'd do it. Even if that means losing a few customers. Running a business is hard work, I don't care what industry you work in. Sometimes the money comes easy, sometimes not so easy.
This is something that I have brought up for a few years now since the big RT announcement (and been ridiculed for of course) but based on Tesla saying that RT is the future and that a Tesla in the fleet will “earn” easily 30K+ a YEAR for the owner, at SOME point Tesla should/will want to have these cars to generate that revenue, no? Wouldn’t you want to operate such a fleet where all your parts/repair etc. could be wholesale and it would just be a steady steam of recurring revenue - something EVERY company salivates for.

On a million car fleets, that $30BILLION in ANNUAL revenue.

If one could buy these cars for 25-30K, then make at “least” $30K a year in easy to achieve revenue for 3-5 years, well one isn’t going to be able to find that level of return in many places.

So, as I said a few years back, to ME at least that was and continues to be an indication that the true feasibility and reality of RT is quite a bit farther out than purported.

I have TD. Can you at least login to TD's web browser interface and trade there?

I have TD. Can you at least login to TD's web browser interface and trade there?
I was not able to at the time, but see my update above for why. Long story short make sure you have straight each and every login credential with TD and which account number they are associated with, as their linking function can obscure which account you are actually logged in to. Everyone else: sorry for the OT.

Might be of interest due to effect of Fed Speakers on Market.

William is due today at 1PM ET and Kashkari at 11:30am ET Tommorow. Kashkari crashed the Market last time he spoke with no rate cut.
Trade carefully.

1715013058155.png

Starting to get nervous writing far-OTM calls on my NVDA shares. Premiums too low; might need to switch to buying DOTM calls for a little scalp here and there.

Finally cleaned up a botched trade and assignment from January with Tesla on Friday. Took the loss there and cleaned up the wash sale. Offsets some of the gains from selling options this year, but that was the plan.

Reactions: Max Plaid
This is something that I have brought up for a few years now since the big RT announcement (and been ridiculed for of course) but based on Tesla saying that RT is the future and that a Tesla in the fleet will “earn” easily 30K+ a YEAR for the owner, at SOME point Tesla should/will want to have these cars to generate that revenue, no? Wouldn’t you want to operate such a fleet where all your parts/repair etc. could be wholesale and it would just be a steady steam of recurring revenue - something EVERY company salivates for.

On a million car fleets, that $30BILLION in ANNUAL revenue.

If one could buy these cars for 25-30K, then make at “least” $30K a year in easy to achieve revenue for 3-5 years, well one isn’t going to be able to find that level of return in many places.

So, as I said a few years back, to ME at least that was and continues to be an indication that the true feasibility and reality of RT is quite a bit farther out than purported.
That's a massive capital cost. What Tesla will do (they've explicitly stated this) is have a portion of the fleet owned and operated by Tesla, but the vast majority of robotaxis will be owned by other people. Tesla will still generate subscription and rev share from RT.

This is probably why they will never allow leases to be bought out. Eventually they will utilize these leases as Tesla owned robotaxis. This strategy offsets a good chunk of depreciation and Tesla can constantly decide whether to switch a lease to a robotaxi or turn around and resell it

Reactions: LAexpress
That's a massive capital cost. What Tesla will do (they've explicitly stated this) is have a portion of the fleet owned and operated by Tesla, but the vast majority of robotaxis will be owned by other people. Tesla will still generate subscription and rev share from RT.

This is probably why they will never allow leases to be bought out. Eventually they will utilize these leases as Tesla owned robotaxis. This strategy offsets a good chunk of depreciation and Tesla can constantly decide whether to switch a lease to a robotaxi or turn around and resell it
Guys. I owned 2 TSLA - an X and a Y. Both with FSD paid off.

I can tell you based on my own experiences RT won't be coming to the current Gen of Cars. It can be superhuman and such but there's shortcoming on the Camera setup and sensors to make it to Level 5 needed for RT.

Best we going get is supervised FSD. Marked my words and I'm going eat some real kibble on livestream if this is proven wrong and tivoboy will record it for ya all.

Issue I have is that he is building up a track record of pumping the stock when it suits him, now because of his comp plan, previously when he was about to sell... then in the interim he's out of office or even talking the stock price down

Near-term low? Hard to say, what if Q2 P&D is also terrible, what if earnings drop further? Is that baked-in? Musk nonchalantly said Tesla would grow deliveries in 2024, which I already think it a tall order after Q1, if Q2 disappoints then that guidance will surely be withdrawn, of swept under the carpet...

And more random lay-offs, more price cuts, who knows...?
Elon was on a Twitter spaces saying he wouldn't sell for 18months, maybe 24 months. I think it was about a year ago. Anyone remember the specifics so we can front run the next Elon led selloff?

Elon was on a Twitter spaces saying he wouldn't sell for 18months, maybe 24 months. I think it was about a year ago. Anyone remember the specifics so we can front run the next Elon led selloff?
It was on a Twitter Spaces in Jan 2023 - no sales for 1 year and probably not for the following year.

I have to think that losing the comp plan and being unhappy about not having enough control might have changed that.

Kind of feels like we’re in this range until something new comes out. I have ITM calls from 157.50-175 and some ITM puts at 185 and 192.50.

Well they certainly wouldn’t do it all at once, but as for Lease that has nearly as much capital cost as a used can buy back.. actually more. The company is essentially financing what isn’t paid for. It is lower than a retail cost, since it’s only essentially the COGS wholesale cost that much be financed or delayed as revenue. And with the cash flow of that model, Tesla could easily take that revenue stream factoring to the marketplace and probably pay 200-300 bps above 5%. I wonder what the revenue split for RT will/might be.. 25%, 35%?

Guys. I owned 2 TSLA - an X and a Y. Both with FSD paid off.

I can tell you based on my own experiences RT won't be coming to the current Gen of Cars. It can be superhuman and such but there's shortcoming on the Camera setup and sensors to make it to Level 5 needed for RT.

Best we going get is supervised FSD. Marked my words and I'm going eat some real kibble on livestream if this is proven wrong and tivoboy will record it for ya all.
Definitely don't agree with this, but time will tell

Reactions: BornToFly
Now is your chance to fire Kimbal.

If you think Elon is to unstable I would not do that.

If you read the book by Walter Isachsson; Kimbal has a calming influence on Elon.

But perhaps you guys here love the volatility of TSLA. What do I know.

If this is not suitable for this thread feel free to delete this post...