Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other than when she implied this would delay Tesla's AI/FSD plans because they get the chips later. But as Elon said, they wouldn't have been used yet anyhow, so there was no delay caused by re-prioritizing orders.
I read that as Elon bailed on Tesla and now is focusing on his 'personal' side business. The media is the worse and enemy of the people. Some even hate Elon so much and want it to be true so more of us vote against. Sad.

Other than when she implied this would delay Tesla's AI/FSD plans because they get the chips later. But as Elon said, they wouldn't have been used yet anyhow, so there was no delay caused by re-prioritizing orders.
It still gave those to other Musk-owned companies a competitive advantage given scarcity. Not 100% dirty, but not 100% clean. There was "value" transferred to X and xAI; did they pay for that value?

@dl003 If TSLA breaks out upward on 6/13, is it reasonable to count on a revisit to the breakout area (175 or wherever) at some point? Asking since I'm considering selling a handful of -C300 6/2025 on shares I anyway plan holding long term, and can wait out any storm (pop) and close on a retest of the breakout to BTC if it's reasonable to happen.

Reactions: UncaNed
It still gave those to other Musk-owned companies a competitive advantage given scarcity.
Competitive advantage? Against what? Last time I saw x.AI and X were not trying to develop an autonomous driving system. And Tesla isn't trying to develop a LLM.

There was "value" transferred to X and xAI; did they pay for that value?
The way the article read Tesla traded their early spot for 12k H100s for two 12k orders; one in January and one in June. So, Tesla gets twice as many chips, just later when it is closer to when they can actually use them. Seems reasonable to me.

What is this chart, since many of those %’s are totally wrong.

It's from here (got from @Yoona). Maybe its measuring something else.

1717516542745.png

It still gave those to other Musk-owned companies a competitive advantage given scarcity. Not 100% dirty, but not 100% clean. There was "value" transferred to X and xAI; did they pay for that value?
What value is a GPU without a data center?
Tesla gained some number of months interest on the payment they didn't have to make.
Had Nvidia brokered a swap with any other purchaser, would there be an outcry?

Competitive advantage? Against what? Last time I saw x.AI and X were not trying to develop an autonomous driving system. And Tesla isn't trying to develop a LLM.

The way the article read Tesla traded their early spot for 12k H100s for two 12k orders; one in January and one in June. So, Tesla gets twice as many chips, just later when it is closer to when they can actually use them. Seems reasonable to me.
Interesting, I read it as 12k divided amongst two deliveries ~6 months apart. 12k for 12k.
12k for 24k seems disadvantageous to X/xAI.

Reactions: MikeC
@dl003 If TSLA breaks out upward on 6/13, is it reasonable to count on a revisit to the breakout area (175 or wherever) at some point? Asking since I'm considering selling a handful of -C300 6/2025 on shares I anyway plan holding long term, and can wait out any storm (pop) and close on a retest of the breakout to BTC if it's reasonable to happen.
If it breaks out, this will be the start of the break out, so not likely to be tested.

Interesting, I read it as 12k divided amongst two deliveries ~6 months apart. 12k for 12k.
I can see it read either way:

"In exchange, original X orders of 12K H100 slated for Jan and June to be redirected to Tesla," the memo said.

But it says "orders of 12k", to me that is multiple 12k orders.

12k for 24k seems disadvantageous to X/xAI.
Yes and no. Is getting 12k chips ~6 months early worth having to go to the back of the line for your next 12k? (It's not like they can never order more.) 6 months of training time would seem very valuable to me.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo and UncaNed
Thank you, didn’t know that. I’m glad I asked.

So may make more sense selling CCs closer in (like 7/19) and above a hard resistance (like $210) or something else?
Technically, you can sell anything you want, as long as you have a sensible stop loss. For me, that SL would be the stock crossing 187.5. What left is finding a good entry. Right now I don't know if this is a good entry or not. Although I'm biased toward a drop to low 160s

I can see it read either way:

But it says "orders of 12k", to me that is multiple 12k orders.

Yes and no. Is getting 12k chips ~6 months early worth having to go to the back of the line for your next 12k? (It's not like they can never order more.) 6 months of training time would seem very valuable to me.
Yeah, but swapping (pre?)-December for January is only one-ish month if both deliveries were 12k. Unless Tesla was supposed to take delivery ~July of 2023. Which would have required X to also pull forward infrastructure buildout.
Tesla does need another 38k for Austin though...

Technically, you can sell anything you want, as long as you have a sensible stop loss. For me, that SL would be the stock crossing 187.5. What left is finding a good entry. Right now I don't know if this is a good entry or not. Although I'm biased toward a drop to low 160s

Thanks. The drop to $160 seems plausible, but $173 has been holding as support for quite some time now, including through market weakness and “news.” So I can see the difficulties making the directional call.