Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really was hoping for TSLA partnership with xAI that would have changed thing dramatically and no one would care less about that swapped shipment, or some sort of FSD licensing. Not wrapping up the roadster and call it a new upcoming vehicle. That ship sailed years ago.

But some people loved the meeting perhaps explaining for the PM pumps.

Not all is lost as long as Elon and Co continue to pulled up some more rabbits as they did during last ER.
Well you saw the fawning fan-boys drooling all over Elon in the Q&A 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Jim Holder
Someone(s) bought $11M worth of calls...
May lead to a pop of sorts next week (to sell into of course ;- ))

1718394163392.png

1718394147659.png

Meh, was pretty busy today, lunch with colleague (and a few good beers), then a pedicure, then band rehearsal (gig on Sunday), all made trading very difficult, just had to guess a bit up front and set limit orders

TBH I expected a bit of a rally today, and set some optimistic call STO's, which got nowhere near, but my put order, which seemed very optimistic at open did...

Ergo: STO 100x -p177.50 @$3.2 🤷‍♂️

Now chasing some -cA85's before close...

I'm minded about the dumb/smart money discussion recently, maybe it's better to wait until end of the day... I suppose if I had the patience I could split up my weekly sells, instead of 100x, sell 4x 25x at different moments, and see if there's any consistently better moment to sell

Edit: STO 100x -c185 @$1.6

IV really low for next week, maybe because markets closed Wednesday for Juneteenth?
Ok, this is DEFINITELY typing after “a few good beers”

Whoever said chop after the 6/13 event horizon gets a beer 🍺

What an anti-climax to the week. All that talk of $>200 on a ‘yes’ vote lol.

Now let’s see what Monday brings and what was behind that $11M call buying spree today even as SP trended lower.

Takeaway: Still can’t trust any TSLA pop; always sell into them. Also, June seasonality +ve hasn’t kicked in for 2024. Maybe this year it just won’t.

Reactions: 2Pearls and MikeC

Now let’s see what Monday brings and what was behind that $11M call buying spree today even as SP trended lower.

Takeaway: Still can’t trust any TSLA pop; always sell into them. Also, June seasonality +ve hasn’t kicked in for 2024. Maybe this year it just won’t.

Expect the unexpected. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Paul_SF

Imagine a "no" vote on either of the two or worse both.

Attention is now back to Q2 delivery. RT event in August will need to be of adequate substance to continue limping along.

I would like feedback on this idea:

BTO 2025 230 Puts
BTO 2025 130 Calls

Then sell weekly strangles of covered calls and cash secured puts.

EG:
STO 7D 190 Calls
STO 7D 170 Puts

These effectively become calendar spreads, but I manage them like the wheel. If we run up to $200 or down to $150, I let exercise happen, then sell the opposite next week for whatever gets exercised.

Thus the higher theta of the shorter sells will eventually pay off the costs of buying the ITM calls and put LEAPS.

But wouldnt TSLA fit the bill for too short too slow? The pump was a literally dud and took weeks to get there.
Is there absinthe in your kibble? I sold calls, so MORE short at this point.

Are you saying the pump was a dud, but it’s going to start to take hold and really PUMP?

Personally, I think as @dl003 indicated, we’ve seen the rally and we’re probably at Wave level D

This.

I mean, anything said yesterday was literally YEARS out.. Autonomy… (I DOUBT that “anyone who wants to put their car on the robotaxi network will be able to do),, and 30 TRILLION IN VALUE from mostly Robots? If a valuation “greater than Apple and Saudia Aramco COMBINED” isn’t enough to get the stock price up, then just saying “We heading for TEN TIMES THE VALUE OF ANY COMPANY TODAY”… at least tell that to a room full of adoring fans who voted SLIGHTLY less enthusiastically to re-vote for a ~ 50B pay pack.. (and that appear to b as discussed a non confirmatory event).

So, if ppl really want to just park (no pun intended) money here for ~ 2.5-5 years.. have at it.

But wouldnt TSLA fit the bill for too short too slow? The pump was a literally dud and took weeks to get there.
First rule of pumping is we don't talk about the pump.

2nd rule of pumping is we don't talk about the pump.

If people keep talking about a pump, it won't pump.

True pump only comes when nobody expects it.

Is there absinthe in your kibble? I sold calls, so MORE short at this point.

Are you saying the pump was a dud, but it’s going to start to take hold and really PUMP?

Personally, I think as @dl003 indicated, we’ve seen the rally and we’re probably at Wave level D
My thinking was you sold call since the pump with AAPL was too hard expecting a retracement. But the pump with TSLA was different and short lived but you also sold call. Hence the poking at the "rule #72, too far, too FAST should be sold" comment. Nothing more nothing less.