Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And don't forget it's Triple Witching Friday... Looking at the OI chart, as of close Friday, >177.50 <180 would be the most logical close, if such things can be engineered

1718651080588.png

I have a bunch of +C140 for Friday with a cost basis of around $115. I had them as a planned acquisition, but at this point I am not really in an acquiring mode.

Any thoughts on a strategy for them? I am willing to harvest the loss for taxes, but open to better ideas.

Basically holding above $186.56 can see continuation to $198.30/$200.11 and into the $210's, and round back down from there to low $160's.

A break and close over the $213.77 bear channel-top sets off a new bull market aiming for $220 and above, incl. $320's over the next several months/year.

IMG_7961.jpeg

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7962.jpeg

Watch @1.75x:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ShareLofty
EW update: $188.81 HOD might have been all of purple circle 2 ($190), and it can now meander toward circle 3 in the low $160's.
BUT given the M3 news and Q2 P&D coming up in two weeks, it may chop around here or try for more of circle 2.
Either way entertainment guaranteed. As for me, I'd actually prefer one more visit to $160's to close out a bunch of CCs and to buy come LEAPS...

1718661611103.png

Not really AH news but during the day. Not seeing anything else major on the headlines.

NVDA joined the "green" team.

QQQ continued to pump higher hitting ATH. 4 days above top BB into oversold territories.
This can continues as long as AI continue to pump.

@Yoona - historically how long QQQ stay above upper BB? Thanks.
sry i am very bc researching what to do after selling half of nvda - all eggs not in one basket is better long-term and i am ok to leave money at the table

Reactions: traxila
EW update: $188.81 HOD might have been all of purple circle 2 ($190), and it can now meander toward circle 3 in the low $160's.
BUT given the M3 news and Q2 P&D coming up in two weeks, it may chop around here or try for more of circle 2.
Either way entertainment guaranteed. As for me, I'd actually prefer one more visit to $160's to close out a bunch of CCs and to buy come LEAPS...

View attachment 1057332

haha your post reminded of this

I sold $195-190cc's on TSLA way too early and I would like for the stock do dip down.

Poor China numbers for this week @11700,

The Europe tracking site came back, not looking good either, although we are seeing some "wave" effect, for instance in Norways, very big deliveries recently, but enough...?

To me it's looking like CN Q2 will be ~+15k over Q1 (guesstimate), but Europe -25k, so needs to be epic in the US to beat Q1 and get close to 400k, possibly the CT deliveries will make that difference

Poor China numbers for this week @11700
The Europe tracking site came back, not looking good either, although we are seeing some "wave" effect, for instance in Norways, very big deliveries recently, but enough...?

To me it's looking like CN Q2 will be ~+15k over Q1 (guesstimate), but Europe -25k, so needs to be epic in the US to beat Q1 and get close to 400k, possibly the CT deliveries will make that difference
Berlin seems to have ramped back up to peak capacity, although I haven't been following it religiously. My guess is that Berlin is -20% for the quarter, Shanghai maybe -10% (but could be much lower), and Austin -30%. CT production is only 1,300/wk now; it is not going to be enough to make a meaningful impact, especially in comparison to Austin Y production drop.

The good news is that inventory should be absorbed, unless Tesla is doing a reverse-wave for some reason. Production is better matching demand, so if they have improved margins that is a good sign.