Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
gah, was in the process of putting in close orders to my spreads at 80% when we hit the roller coaster. 5 more minutes! I could have happily opened new ones to double dip for the week. instead my spreads are down in the 30-40% range after that craziness. Looks like i'm back in wait mode for now

Always surprising to see a 100B drop in market cap in less than 30 mins. Almost feels the same way as if Elon had sold half his shares this morning.

When the stock was going down I sold for 2 puts at 995, 4 puts at 915 and 8 puts at 725 for 12/11. I’ll call it the noob laddering puts technique. Can’t wait to start rolling my 995 put for next week once it gets ITM during the >6% usual MMD. Hope we don’t have 9% drops every f day. I’ll have to get myself a pacemaker installed.

Am I crazy to not want to roll a 11/12 -1150/+1050 BPS (yet)? In the sense that I think we'll end the week above 1150.

Or should I buy the extra time now to prevent mayhem?
I've not remotely worried about the 800/890 I just opened for 11/19 (other than missing out on 2x the premium), the 20x p1155 sold yesterday are looking a bit unwell, but they can wait until later in the week - I deliberately sold naked as they're way easier to roll than spreads, at least for those of us that din't have a roll feature with brokers, but need to perform separate buy/sell/buy/sell trades, not always easy when the SP is so volatile

I've not remotely worried about the 800/890 I just opened for 11/19 (other than missing out on 2x the premium), the 20x p1155 sold yesterday are looking a bit unwell, but they can wait until later in the week - I deliberately sold naked as they're way easier to roll than spreads, at least for those of us that din't have a roll feature with brokers, but need to perform separate buy/sell/buy/sell trades, not always easy when the SP is so volatile
Now, you see, that’s interesting. I have no roll option from my brockerage platform. That’s why setting up BPS closer ITM would be a pain in the a$$ to adjust rapidly in a catastrophic drop. Can’t wait for all my funds to be transferred to IBKR to live a happy life thereafter.

Bingo. I totaled it up this morning and I've got about 150k max loss risk from 7 open positions of this 25% (closer to 33%, now that I look at it) gain 20 wide spread type. That's like 5% of my cash. I'm working on a more detailed explanation that I'll post later (apparently I touched a nerve).
Rather than 'touched a nerve', I would go with 'eager to learn'. I know that I am.

Whether I follow in your footsteps, a little or a lot, is of course my decision and will yield my own consequences. I like being exposed to new ideas and assume that others do as well, thus my own posts along those lines. If something is interesting or new to me, then I assume it will be to at least some others as well.