Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No BPS or BCS open this week with the up then flattish start on Monday. But I've been gaining confidence to day trade CC"s. So I opened 950CC on all shares and managed to time the peak with $20 per contract. Closed out 20 minutes later for $13.50. Not quite the low so far at around $10.0 but more than enough to keep me in retirement.
CC less than 2% OTM on all your shares? Nice trade. Do you have a tailor make you custom pants, or do you get your massive balls to fit another way...? 👀

Last edited:
I've sold all my contracts for the week with the last BCS 1100/1200 this morning. Then I took the plane for a quick flight to Jackson and back before going on a bike ride. (A friend hopped in the back to check out the jet). Some days life doesn't suck.
tempImage3xe66u.jpg
tempImageyb2w7N.jpg

Edit: Not quite @BornToFly views, but pretty good from the ground. Also, sorry everyone, but I missed @Chenkers ballsy trading because I was too busy sleeping in here on the Oregon coast. However, later in the day I did manage a single day trade -c955 (in $10, out $6.90). I’ll try harder tomorrow, but it’s not looking good right now.
31372948-1AAF-4F59-A26F-6F83D8641350.jpeg

Interesting action today on 9/2 options. 785/805 call spread, not symmetric, 4300/3000x, $142/$125. Thoughts?
8863C2AB-FD4A-4DF5-9EB7-5C765325B087.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
$932 to me is just the logical place for an algo to stand it's ground and protect $950 for Friday. I wouldn't be surprised to see us fiddle around $910-940 all the way through Thursday, despite a clear buying appetite in the marketplace.

My hope is that there's a lot of standard naked shorting done to protect Friday's monthly $950 close and it all unwinds Mon/Tues ahead of the split. Then I can close out my 8/26 BPS on Wednesday afternoon and we all go home happy!
maybe another reason is because
1660705496640.png

I'm also beginning to think that we're going to trade flat the rest of the week - especially with the ongoing battle on the indices. Of course if the bulls win the macro fight, it could spark a market-wide short-squeeze which might drag $TSLA along, but I'm not convinced

So I'm thinking to sell 10x -c950's against my remaining uncommitted $TSLA shares today, let's see how things pan-out

Note that AAPL got an upgrade and PT increase AH yesterday, which might pop the stock and if AAPL pops, the rest tend to follow

Edit: Not quite @BornToFly views, but pretty good from the ground. Also, sorry everyone, but I missed @Chenkers ballsy trading because I was too busy sleeping in here on the Oregon coast. However, later in the day I did manage a single day trade -c955 (in $10, out $6.90). I’ll try harder tomorrow, but it’s not looking good right now.
View attachment 841740

Interesting action today on 9/2 options. 785/805 call spread, not symmetric, 4300/3000x, $142/$125. Thoughts?
View attachment 841739
I would do this as a downside-hedge to free up margin.
Effective net-credit ~0. If we crash hard like a black swan or so, they will print. Otherwise the cost nothing as the short side pays for the long..

But that is just intuition. I will have to check if that is actually what was done with actual numbers.

But thanks for the hint. Maybe a "risk free" trade to copy where someone knows something..

• Informative
Reactions: Max Plaid
I would do this as a downside-hedge to free up margin.
Effective net-credit ~0. If we crash hard like a black swan or so, they will print. Otherwise the cost nothing as the short side pays for the long..

But that is just intuition. I will have to check if that is actually what was done with actual numbers.

But thanks for the hint. Maybe a "risk free" trade to copy where someone knows something..
Just checked things. Not what i thought.

basically a -3x805/+4x785 combo gives you a 1x normal 785c - the rest just pays for the theta. P/L on the combo is ~0 if SP does not move - so you don't burn theta. Delta is basically 1.00 dead on.
BUT it only cost 18k (in price as in margin) for the same behaviour as 100 stock (down to ~850). 100 stock usually cost 35k margin or so.

Looks to me like someone tried to lever to the max.

You can also play this the other way and get -1.0 delta - but you pay theta & a straight long put should be a better bet there.

I'm also beginning to think that we're going to trade flat the rest of the week - especially with the ongoing battle on the indices. Of course if the bulls win the macro fight, it could spark a market-wide short-squeeze which might drag $TSLA along, but I'm not convinced

So I'm thinking to sell 10x -c950's against my remaining uncommitted $TSLA shares today, let's see how things pan-out

Note that AAPL got an upgrade and PT increase AH yesterday, which might pop the stock and if AAPL pops, the rest tend to follow
Abandoned this idea and looked for -c900's instead for next week, but the limit didn't quite hit

Four things at play right now as I see it:
- retail spending numbers = didn't seem so bad, but maybe not as good as hoped
- China factory shutdowns due to heatwave is spooking tech as a whole = not specifically Tesla related, although CATL might be impacted
- FOMC minutes due out 14:00 EST = spooking even more
- key pivot/resistance point fight ongoing to determine bear market continuation or recovery = bears jumping in shorting at this level

I leave my sell order in place, there will be volatility after FOMC

mine is almost same next week at -c905, been rolling it forever and ok to be assigned

or roll again and milk the buy-write to death

View attachment 841939
Yeah, I'm just a bit wary as I have 3000x $TSLA right now, which is great if we wander around $900 for a while, but if we get a macro dump, would be annoying...

That being said, holding common shares doesn't have the same stress factors as LEAPS, just sit on them forever and sell weekly strikes at the purchase price, or a suitably "safe" distance if the SP drops too low

Sold the $955c for $4. Probably too early but why be greedy.
Same here, a bit later than you, so I only got $3.50. To help goose the SP a little, I also sold a tight strangle -p905/-c920 for $25 total. I almost went with a 910 straddle, but eventually decided that it was too much risk for an extra $5. The MMs have kept a lid on things so well, trading is pretty muted. Knowing my timing, that probably means the SP will take off in 3…2….1….. Edit: and there it goes, up $5 in 5 min. I’m amazing.🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go...

Just algobots reacting to FOMC minutes. Leaning towards restrictive rate policy to combat inflation.

It’s interesting to watch the price action when such news drops. Huge swings in seconds. Initial sell off followed by strong upward move. Fading now.

But I’ll take a flat to slight green close today after the morning we had.