Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$VIX down the crapper...

1670012925818.png

Closed 197.5 and 200 cc for pennies. These clearly would have expired. Amazing how well the MM do "this" ...

Waiting for Tuesday to open new 3-4 DTE positions.

Luck you! I didn’t have the guts to wait it out and my rule said to de-risk yesterday morning as we were pumping quite high and even Dl003 also wrote that 200 cc weren’t that safe for this Friday. Look how things can change on a dime (actually dollar!).

At least one of us here put it to the MM ;-)
Good for you.

Looks like I sold shares at the "bottom" once again.

Added a new cc sale today on the bounce STO 12/2 -200c for 0.96, SP around $178.66

Positions: 12/16 -210c, 12/2 -200c.
Will let 12/2 -200c expire worthless. if it actually get exercised it's fine , no capital gains on this. will reduce margin balance which prob will be between 9-9.25% depending on whether fed does 0.5 or 0.75.

STO 12/9 -200c for $3.39, SP around $194.4

Positions: 12/2 -200c, 12/9 -200c, 12/16 -210c

You are brave !
Actually I'm not brave, I don't have confidence in my ability to consistently beat 9.5% interest + 20% capital gain taxes selling CCs.....so different strategy from just trying to earn income, I'm actually trying to exit my margin shares while collecting premiums. If they get ITM I'm going to roll them until I can't anymore then sell/get assigned. On the other hand, I sold/got assigned enough shares that I could in theory ride the SP down to $20/share, with other loans....(or $130s without).

Why wait for Tuesday to open new positions ?

True, could have setup for 12/9 today. I'm limiting myself to CC until I can clean up my margin interest due to having shares put to me while i wasn't watching. BPS are a possibility but I'm trying to avoid opening any given how many i have DITM. A Monday read helps me better gauge at what strike i will sell.

$194.86 LOL 🤡
BTW, my broker says “after hours will not affect assignment”. 🤔

I would really like some clarity about this. Thought you could get assigned after hours? Maybe you can, but only if you’re ITM compared to the closing price? So 195 calls are ok now, even if we go above after hours…?

People have until 5:30 ET to exercise options. If there is a reason to do so after market close, people can and will.
Options Exercise
You would not be assigned until after the random distribution occurs.

I would really like some clarity about this. Thought you could get assigned after hours? Maybe you can, but only if you’re ITM compared to the closing price? So 195 calls are ok now, even if we go above after hours…?
What @mongo said + I had the impression you could get assigned if your strike price got hit after-hours, but my broker is telling me only if hit during regular hours, therefore our 12/2 $195 CC are safe. We shall see, eh?

Last edited:
What @mongo said + I had the impression you could get assigned if your strike price got hit after-hours, but my broker is telling me only if hit during regular hours, therefore our 12/2 $195 CC are safe. We shall see, eh?
If you really don't want to lose the shares, I've always followed the advice that it's better to BTC for pennies right before expiration rather than take the risk of after hours assignment...

Automatic execution only happens at close on expiration day.
Your broker has near zero control over whether you get assigned.