Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we seem to get the upside-down heartbeat apparently, which doesn't matter to me. Any very big move today (after market open) I will counter (but safely, at least 15% away for next friday (not so sure to really end @ maxpain ($185). 174 must hold until today, or 143 (which in my belief is more likely a nextpossible bottom than $160) might be in sooner than later, especially if macro keeps looking this bad (dumb money and smart money diverting, rates rising, dollar dropping, banks in trouble, China's economic downfall (that keeps on being kicked down the road, beyond local governments money, so defaults of Chinese cities are around the corner. It will ultimately break somewhere, especially given Chinese demographics. (there will be vacancies))
At least, Finally my -C on Meta, SPY and QQQ for 5/5 are taking the right turn and hopefully all expire

18th to 19th OI , notable increase P160 followed by P155, C185, C225.

day2dayoi-18-19.png

Reactions: UltradoomY
no movement after opening struggles so STO P177.50 on top of earlier 172.5 and STO C200 (again) plus sold some according shares that I hope to pick back up cheaper. (premature assignment would be OK too in both cases)
I'll close the one that's winning first and the other one later on. Maybe both will end up winning. Maybe it will really turn out to be a Heartbeat :
normal_heartbeat_inside_ecg_ekg_electrocardiogram_poster-r7259613403014b57a08a4e0feb23c2e4_w2q...jpg

(NOW BEING JUST OVER P-bump, ready for R, maybe just a little Q and then S aftermarket into T tomorrow.;))

Yesterday I closed the 50 Puts I had bought for about even, thinking I could buy them back cheaper this morning…. Ooops. I think I’m going to wait for a recovery today, and then sell 1/6th of my shares before close today. If the SP drops with earnings, I’ll have margin protection. If it doesn’t, I’ll be able to sell aggressive Puts for income until I get my shares back….

They want to bury the bad news of price cut with the good news of ER coming up.

The other interpretation is - put out all the bad news together.

Either way, once they decided price cut was needed, doing it today is better than doing it next week.
I think if ER was going to be good news, they would have cut prices after ER, and said on the call - “Our margins are so good, we are going to cut prices more tomorrow….”