Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very confusing... Call OI difference from yesterday doesn't seem unusual. Gamma exposure at 250, 240, 245 is in line with price.

I am going to stay on top of extrinsic, see if my -c237.5 and -c242.5 short legs of spread for 6/16 can survive the day, get a pulse next week if this beast halts for a few days.

day2dayoi-8-9.png
TSLA-TotalGamma-09Jun2023-a.png

Reactions: UltradoomY
I am still very skeptical of this run-up. I did expect TSLA to touch $250 by EOY but end the year below that mark, because the fundamentals don’t support that price level. P/E of 69 is going to be close to 100 following Q2 earnings. This run-up is fueled by the news and the hype, but the financials will bring everyone back to earth. I am not saying TSLA can’t reach $300 in the next month, because human emotions are unpredictable, but I think a strong pullback in July is imminent. Worst case, the stock goes back down to $150. Best case, $200 is the landing point.

The entire market seems to be on steroids, just look at what's happening to all the stocks like Carvana, Roku, etc etc. Who knows how long this will go on but sounds like people got more stimulus checks and buying short term options lol. All those furus predicting a recession and a huge down market are now looking like idiots.

I'm sure there's a big pull on the horizon but again until that happens you go with the flow. Take it day by day.

TSLA has been up 11 days out of 13 days. Its at a 13 week high.
RSI hints that stock ma be overbought.

I am looking at the $250 level as an intermediate top.

STO 10x CC tsla 240119C230 @ 33.50

STC 1000 shr tsla @ $216.19
and
STO 10x CSP tsla 230619P200 @ 3.05

Rolling c230 to c250. The 30d chart for tsla looks pretty scary on the momentum side.
There should be a pause soon

BTC -10x CC tsla 240119C230 @ 54.50
STO +10x CC tsla 240119C250 @ 43.90

for debit of $10.60. TSLA @ 248.50

Daily Chart for last 360d. Notice some similar patterns of the past. And that Gap to 250 will be filled sometime in the future

1686322267087.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
1686323520216.png

Shares of charging companies such as ChargePoint Holdings Inc, EVgo Inc and Blink Charging Co fell between 7% and 10% in heavy trading.

"Tesla's been one step ahead in this game and with other operators trying to play catch up they were already at a disadvantage," said Danni Hewson of AJ Bell, adding that charging business could become a big growth driver for Tesla.

Wedbush Securities estimated Ford and GM combined could add $3 billion to services EV charging revenue for Tesla over the next few years. The brokerage also raised its price target on the stock to $300, which is nearly 30% above its last close.

The stock has a forward 12-month price-to-earnings ratio of 60.46, among the highest in the S&P 500 index, and far greater than GM's 5.29 and 7.94 for Ford.

I have a 205 CC June16 and 210 CC July21.
My cost basis is $299

I am confused on what to do here. Please advice.
1) Roll to Dec or Jan 2024 to a higher price (280 or 270) closer to my cost basis and exit breakeven in Jan?
2) Let the contract expire
3) Roll same price to Aug/sept

Reactions: Jim Holder
View attachment 945344

Shares of charging companies such as ChargePoint Holdings Inc, EVgo Inc and Blink Charging Co fell between 7% and 10% in heavy trading.

"Tesla's been one step ahead in this game and with other operators trying to play catch up they were already at a disadvantage," said Danni Hewson of AJ Bell, adding that charging business could become a big growth driver for Tesla.

Wedbush Securities estimated Ford and GM combined could add $3 billion to services EV charging revenue for Tesla over the next few years. The brokerage also raised its price target on the stock to $300, which is nearly 30% above its last close.

The stock has a forward 12-month price-to-earnings ratio of 60.46, among the highest in the S&P 500 index, and far greater than GM's 5.29 and 7.94 for Ford.
I love how they compare TSLA's PE to Ford and GM. Tesla has 20% positive margins on its EVs, while Ford and GM are around Negative 100%. Tesla is growing EV deliveries by almost 1,000,000 vehicles/year, while F and GM are barely making any. Tesla also has revenue from solar panels, energy storage, Superchargers, and soon FSD. These writers/analysts are complete morons.

I have a 205 CC June16 and 210 CC July21.
My cost basis is $299

I am confused on what to do here. Please advice.
1) Roll to Dec or Jan 2024 to a higher price (280 or 270) closer to my cost basis and exit breakeven in Jan?
2) Let the contract expire
3) Roll same price to Aug/sept
You could repair it slightly with something like:
Btc June 16 - 205cc
Sto June 30 - 220cc
Sto June 30 - 245p

Gets you a slight credit and you can buy some breathing room and see how this plays out.

Decided to add some 225 strike CSP for next week, to go with the 200 strike cc I have for end of month. The cc are pretty badly ITM - not a situation I wanted to get into, but one I was ready for. I've let some shares go in the $200 range; the rest of these may also be going.

I would rather be doing put spreads, but with the shares behaving as they have been, decided that a smaller weekly income makes for a happier position for me emotionally. Share price back down to 210, making both sides ITM, would be just about ideal for me! But not what I expect or am even hoping for.