Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Past $266 can see $270

1696946660976.png

Treasury rates dipping ... I think it's a macro thing ...
(Was thinking of buying treasury Mutual funds (right now in Money Market Fund).. but have to wait for Tesla earnings to make a decision ... not sure where rates will be in another week after the CPI/PPI reports)

Reactions: Jim Holder
Bought back all 10/13 BPSs and CSPs. Sold 10/13 -c280/+c285s at $0.52 and -c265 at $5.20. Hoping that this is just a local blip and we pull back to $260.

Edit: Nasdaq is flattening and RIVN has be dropping for an hour. I use RIVN as in early indicator of TSLA direction. It’s not a great correlation, but they do seem to be similar.

Edit 2: Looks like @thenewguy1979 got it right and I got that wrong, another quick jump at 11:15. Also Rivn reversed and is going up for the last 15 min. Looking like I got snookered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot_20231010_082701_thinkorswim.jpg

With q3 and cybertruck announcement coming soon it feels like tsla will make a large move soon. Contemplating a straddle purchase of Nov 24th @ $270. As the move happens I can close out the losing side and ride the winning side while selling calls or puts in the wake of momentum. The dates arbitrary at just under 2 months, but it's a trade I'm chewing on.

As a follow-up to this from yesterday, I would not be surprised by anything between $275-$245 going into earnings two weeks from now. In some ways, breaking down below the trendline in advance of earnings - without a significant catalyst - would surprise me.

FWIW, I did roll my 10/13 -c280s down to 10/13 -c270 this morning. If they end up ITM I am looking to roll them out to Jan '24 at 350+.

View attachment 979574

Starting to sweat those 10/13 -c270s. I think I have lived to regret rolling down call strikes almost every time. I had gotten really good about not doing it until now. PPI / FOMC minutes tomorrow...going to make things interesting.