Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sh.t price and sh.t range… EST 340 range, starting at 80K, 61K in TWO years, RWD only. 250 mile EST

NO 500 mile range, NO 39.95K (ok, that should have been inflation adjusted of course)
Elon's arrogance on display with the CT, just as with the X.

Horrible ramp, extremely slow production, WAAAAAY overpriced than what they originally stated YEARS ago($80k for dual motor, are you f'ing kidding me???), just putrid mileage.

I'm glad I kept my puts.

Given new information - what are your guesses for tomorrow close price (and high / low) - also next week ?

I still think a 235 closing is on the cards - could be choppy (230 to 245 ?) for tomorrow.

Next week - depending on macro either flat (if index goes up) or down to 200 if the market goes down.

Have a simple slide with range, price & expected delivery. Like they have on the website.

Would price and range be considered "market moving" information that couldn't be revealed during market hours? If the event started on time that definitely would've been "revealed" during market hours. Maybe that's why they didn't mention it.

Given new information - what are your guesses for tomorrow close price (and high / low) - also next week ?

I still think a 235 closing is on the cards - could be choppy (230 to 245 ?) for tomorrow.

Next week - depending on macro either flat (if index goes up) or down to 200 if the market goes down.

Agreed. max pain was 237.50 at the close, so we might drop below that to 235, but not much lower than 230. That's my gamble.

Reactions: Jim Holder

Max pain for 12/1 is/was 237.5, probably won’t be hard to get it keep it there.

max pain 12/15, is $220, probably won’t be hard to get it there.

Last edited:
Sh.t price and sh.t range… EST 340 range, starting at 80K, 61K in TWO years, RWD only. 250 mile EST

NO 500 mile range, NO 39.95K (ok, that should have been inflation adjusted of course)
the output is low right now so they charge what they can get away with. lets hope the price stays HIGH. If they lower it it means not selling well. dont want that.

It already approaching $236 AH. Seem the overall sentiment is not that great.

Combining with Macro and sell the news we should see red. Else AH would have pop green.

Closed my boatload but still retain 5 contract. Got rid of the short legs so can ride it all the way down to next week.

On Topic:
Who still has +P for tomorrow?

Me:
P190 35x expecting to expire (bought el cheapo of course)
P225 10x could be just ITM (IMHO)
P245 10x (forgot to mention I took profit on P250 on one of the many bottoms around $240 SP and switched to P245 when SP went a few dimes higher, this move just to decrease the risk involved but still pretty sure I will not loose, because we closed almost on the low again)

🩸

$232.50 AH and not stopping.

@dl003 Good call on putting back on the puts!

Thankfully I’m net short in CC’s but still have my longs.

Wonder where the floor is…maybe $231.92

IMG_4219.jpeg

On Topic:
Who still has +P for tomorrow?

Me:
P190 35x expecting to expire (bought el cheapo of course)
P225 10x could be just ITM (IMHO)
P245 10x (forgot to mention I took profit on P250 on one of the many bottoms around $240 SP and switched to P245 when SP went a few dimes higher, this move just to decrease the risk involved but still pretty sure I will not loose, because we closed almost on the low again)
For tomorrow I have:
- 50x -p230 @$3.1
- 32x -c230 @$10.35
- 10x -p245 @$4.6
- 100x -c250 @$2.1

Plus 100x 12/8 -c260 @$4.20

Although I desperately want the SP to go up to 270, I clearly make more money short term if the SP closes around 230, my small misstep was to sell those -p245's yesterday to close out a few of the -c230's

And still holding 100x March 2024 +p200's, that's what I'm writing my short puts against

Might sell some -c250's for next week on top of the -c260's, which I reckon are as good as expired already...

That's the thing, for folks with stuff like 12/8 225 puts- sell in the morning if we open around low 230s (with a week of time value left) for the profit or wait and see if we get more dump vs theta decay?

Expiring tomorrow I've got CCs at -237.50 and -242.50, the higher ones surely look safe to let expire, but will probably put BTCs in at 90% first thing for both to be safe.

Reactions: DaBooster