Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inflation is receding - now how long until we get to start worrying about deflation and recession?

I have short calls from 220-245 this week (doubled some contracts this morning to bring 237.50s up to 245s) that I'm still comfortable with, but I am feeling more bullish with the news that Model 2 is on track in Austin.
About 2.5 months

Inflation is receding - now how long until we get to start worrying about deflation and recession?

I have short calls from 220-245 this week (doubled some contracts this morning to bring 237.50s up to 245s) that I'm still comfortable with, but I am feeling more bullish with the news that Model 2 is on track in Austin.

The two things that scare me about writing -cc LEAPS at these levels are FSD and the next-gen platform. Actually, three things: an actual soft landing combined with rate cuts.

1701796274312.png

replying to your post @dl003...This is from about a week ago...

Reactions: Jim Holder
If we have a 5 wave up, then we'll spike again, taking out 246.5. The max for this move will be 257.

Then, we'll pull back again, then spike again, taking out whatever the top will be in the step above. The max for this final move will be 270.

Then we should correct deeper, to 257 minimum. Again, everything is invalidated if traded below 240.

If we don’t have a 5th wave, what’s the next level below we should look out for before another try at taking out $246.50?

could not agree more, both 25% away and as long as there is no white smoke, stay careful especially with short options (-P and -C, for those who do not know what we mean by short options: the ones that have a (huge) impact on margin)
I've been meaning to see how to downgrade my account options level back to just cc and csp and get rid of margin availability. Upgraded last year for spreads which did not go so well. I wasn't hurt on margin but this would be a double benefit to not be tempted by spreads and margin.

If we have a 5 wave up, then we'll spike again, taking out 246.5. The max for this move will be 257.

Then, we'll pull back again, then spike again, taking out whatever the top will be in the step above. The max for this final move will be 270.

Then we should correct deeper, to 257 minimum. Again, everything is invalidated if traded below 240.
What candle time frame do you need to see trading below 240 to invalidate this move?

Looking at the max pain for 12/8 and 12/22 (ignoring 12/15 since that's a triple witching week) being 235-237, I guess we'll just hover around this for a while. Thinking about whether to roll my 01/19 -300c forwards to 12/15 -255c just to harvest covered-call premiums and free them for more after the holidays?