Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today no gamma squeeze, I guess the stakes are too high for some people to cross 250 before the weekend. Maybe I will buy a lot of crazy 5ct calls late in the evening tomorrow, just to sell them for 15ct or more on Monday's jump. (when the 250 lid is finally lifted). Dollar dropping like a stone BTW. I might add that all indices have filled their gap-ups (just about) so $TSLA is showing a first round of bull-spirit after underperforming a really long time.

Going from a DITM short leap put to ATM short weekly put is a risk reduction move. I meant it when I said to expect some consolidation.
Would coupling that Put with a Short Call at 270 be a safe move ---if we are consolidating next week. Doing a straddle offset some of the max risk and provide better win/loss ratio of near 1:1

Guess big bull trap for Macro going on after morning pump. All I see is Red now.

Reason why considering a straddle / condor vs a single sided short for doing credit spreads.

It increased the profit slightly but also decrease the max loss. The bulk of the win would be on the Put Legs - the call legs are just acting as risk reduction to soften the blow if the Puts stragedy are DITM. 246 -274 are profit zone.

For the experts - is this a good plan?

1702582503139.png

1702582538404.png

Oh, I am well aware :) I just thought it was funny given the conversation we've been having around catalysts
Yeah that's the point of that post, too. Drives me crazy when people keep trying to trade around known "catalysts" when in reality the stock rarely does what they think it should do. Then, bam, just shoot up or crash 5% on zero news. Seeing Lushit also shooting up 15%, I wouldn't be surprised to hear the IRS has found a way to extend the EV credit or some other EV news that we as retails are not privy too. While we're looking at the bait, big money is making the move behind the scene.

Meh, was out playing music this evening so missed the "dip" to close out this week's -c240's, in the end I started to roll them up to -c250 to take the extra extrinsic, got the -c250's sold, but didn't get the BTC done as the SP was all over the place, well, will see what tomorrow brings - you would think that huge c250 wall would hold tomorrow, but TSLA goes nuts soemtimes!

I added 40x extra -p240's @$2.31 to next week's -c240's, shalme I didn't sell those yesterday with the 10x others I sold @$7.2, meh!

I could see this dovish pivot by the Fed as an inflection point - interest rates dropping give a boost to the stock directly and also boost demand, enabling higher prices and improving margin. If we get good deliveries and then improving margins next month, maybe we can finally break out into the 300s.

Not at all comfortable with my ITM covered calls anymore and I should have just BTC some this morning. Instead I sold some -p250 and raised -c242.50s to -c250s (all for tomorrow) to make a straddle. Hoping for a flat Friday tomorrow.

Yeah that's the point of that post, too. Drives me crazy when people keep trying to trade around known "catalysts" when in reality the stock rarely does what they think it should do. Then, bam, just shoot up or crash 5% on zero news. Seeing Lushit also shooting up 15%, I wouldn't be surprised to hear the IRS has found a way to extend the EV credit or some other EV news that we as retails are not privy too. While we're looking at the bait, big money is making the move behind the scene.
IDK where I first heard it, but it's been clear to me for years. TSLA goes down on good news, down on bad news, and up randomly.

Today no gamma squeeze, I guess the stakes are too high for some people to cross 250 before the weekend. Maybe I will buy a lot of crazy 5ct calls late in the evening tomorrow, just to sell them for 15ct or more on Monday's jump. (when the 250 lid is finally lifted). Dollar dropping like a stone BTW. I might add that all indices have filled their gap-ups (just about) so $TSLA is showing a first round of bull-spirit after underperforming a really long time.
How far out with dating do you like to go for “crazy calls”. Like the idea.

There's quite a bit of value left, intrinsic/extrinsic, no? I have same, will decide tomorrow far out to roll.

Yeah $1.49. if we finish at $250 tomorrow it would be nice.

I could see this dovish pivot by the Fed as an inflection point - interest rates dropping give a boost to the stock directly and also boost demand, enabling higher prices and improving margin. If we get good deliveries and then improving margins next month, maybe we can finally break out into the 300s.

Not at all comfortable with my ITM covered calls anymore and I should have just BTC some this morning. Instead I sold some -p250 and raised -c242.50s to -c250s (all for tomorrow) to make a straddle. Hoping for a flat Friday tomorrow.

By when do you think the rate cuts will get reflected on the auto loans?