Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow!

Let me get this straight. After the introduction of what would become the world's best selling car, of ANY type, the stock price for TSLA actually went down?!?

I had no idea . . . .

Guess the reveal date ...

1704161213778.png

Lots of buying for IRA’s etc in first days of January often boosts prices. I plan to add to my Roth-IRA on Tuesday too with the $8k 2024 addition and exit if it drops and re-buy lower.

Bought commons @$246.50 in Roth-IRA account this morning. Will monitor and cut if TSLA continues dropping and re-buy lower.

So what's the consensus here, are we in a "sell any rip" environment, or are we expecting things to run somewhat into earnings and then perhaps sell off?
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Macros are terrible this morning. 275 is only 10% OTM. Can we get there if general market turns around?

So what's the consensus here, are we in a "sell any rip" environment, or are we expecting things to run somewhat into earnings and then perhaps sell off?
I think numbers are better than expected. tesla meets guidance in such a tough macro year (margin sacrificed) ..

Elon gonna talk about SpaceX/Tesla sometime this week ..
India Gujrat - Jan 12-14th ...
usual CPI/PPI news around mid of mth
bond rates went up and macro starting the new year weak ...
BTC is explosive ... have some MSTR short Call Spreads to manage :(

I say we go up till earnings ... (+but also depends on macro)

got a bunch of CCs(~ 150) I want to sell around 290-300 ...with exercise is an option ...
before earnings I plan to switch most of the Calls/CC's in this bucket to the wheel ... cheers!!

(+ If MM market makers/manipulators were positioning per analyst(475K) and Troys patreon numbers ... we should expect some trades to be unwound ...;) )

Last edited:
I have puts open from $245-230 but zero calls. Maybe we go up if the media reports a beat:

TSLA NASDAQ.NMS Jan05'24 287.5 CALL
TSLA NASDAQ.NMS Jan05'24 247.5 PUT
TSLA NASDAQ.NMS Jan05'24 210 PUT
TSLA NASDAQ.NMS Feb16'24 245 PUT
All look safe for now, but the 247.5 may turn negative
Expect most sideways from settlement today until ER, so I will make a safe bet at that (on top of the above), by writing for next two weeks 1 to 2 dollar options on the closest strike. And today already, topped with bigger ones for 1/26 on both sides to profit from volatility in either direction (the first SP move, most likely to be countered by second one. So kind of @Max Plaid 's regular play, but now on a shorter timeframe. MA4x still in play, so I will be most careful with -C. Any thoughts on this?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Macros are terrible this morning. 275 is only 10% OTM. Can we get there if general market turns around?

@dl003 wrote last week: "Don't be lured into the bull trap if there's any. Stay defensive until end of January."
He also said he needs to see delivery numbers to opine on direction. Maybe we get an update today ;- )