Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I view the stock option ruling with pure optimism. I think it gives enough of a push for Elon that it goes in one direction or the other, but either way it eliminates the current stasis. He has likely been expecting this outcome, which is why his whole 25% game has come up.

It will also place more scrutiny on the Board to make sure the incentive plan is not grossly lopsided in any form.

And if Elon thinks it is a pill not worth swallowing and takes his ball home then the company moves on.

trying hard to go green.

1706722500606.png

Reactions: Nocturnal
Has anyone ever looked when option premiums are at their highest and their lowest during the trading day? When buying a straddle or strangle you would want the premium to be low, when selling a straddle or strangle you would want it to be high. Is there a golden rule about the best time during the day to sell and the best time during the day to buy? (if the stock price is not an issue).

Has anyone ever looked when option premiums are at their highest and their lowest during the trading day? When buying a straddle or strangle you would want the premium to be low, when selling a straddle or strangle you would want it to be high. Is there a golden rule about the best time during the day to sell and the best time during the day to buy? (if the stock price is not an issue).

For me I found with TSLA the opening 5–10 minutes/closing 5-10 minutes and mid-day surges pop IV. I have best luck often at 3:58-3:59 squeezing out more for sold options.

yes. on average, IV is the highest in the first 15minutes of trading and then declines as the trading day progresses, only to spike in the minutes prior to close. My analysis was done using ATM call options, dynamically adjusted for the underlying price each second; closest expiration; timeframe 2012-06-11 through 2023-12-29; normalized against the IV in the first trading second of the day; using the midpoint of the options quote

1706729365563.png

IQR 5th-95th percentile:
1706729540298.png

For me I found with TSLA the opening 5–10 minutes/closing 5-10 minutes and mid-day surges pop IV. I have best luck often at 3:58-3:59 squeezing out more for sold options.

Reactions: Jim Holder
1706729842840.png