Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

IMG_6768.jpeg

IMG_6772.jpeg

Reactions: thenewguy1979
@Yoona please post updated Gamma/Vanna Charts for TSLA/NVDA/SMCI once you have the chance.

It's time for the 3DTE for NVDA/SMCI tomorrow ;)

Thanks
1712093199200.png

1712093215302.png

1712093232216.png

NVDA: traders are bullish but lines are not; i will be 840-1010 hiding behind walls just in case, then slowly draw closer when it looks safe to move. Always assume TA lines can't be trusted and there will be a breakout, but that means leaving a lot of money at the table. So you choose - do you want large income with risk or do you want small income but safe?
1712094235441.png

SMCI: perhaps good IC setup; i will be 840-1135 hiding behind walls just in case, then slowly draw closer when it looks safe to move.
1712094347617.png

Last edited:
It’s funny, from about the first 30 seconds of this video I felt that he’s lost all sense of confidence in either what he’s saying, or seeing or divining from the price action.. and then he comes right out and says it about five minutes in.

I think the writing is on the wall, keep powder dry.
Are you referring to him saying that if we close under $160 to exit longs and short to $136 and even $101 over the next 2-3 months.

I thought we’re hoping $160/$155 holds 😎

IMG_6769.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
No need to guess 😎

With each passing quarter it’s becoming clearer while he left….

Sometimes I think about how I almost didn't sell a bunch of shares at $300 in 2022 to pay for a house and many other things on the belief that: a) TSLA would appreciate significantly from there, and b) we were heading into a recession that would cause house price depreciation and lower interest rates.

Thank God my wife beat some sense into me.

Sometimes I think about how I almost didn't sell a bunch of shares at $300 in 2022 to pay for a house and many other things on the belief that: a) TSLA would appreciate significantly from there, and b) we were heading into a recession that would cause house price depreciation and lower interest rates.

Thank God my wife beat some sense into me.
That's a great story.

So sorry your wife got to give you a good beating though......must have hurts.....

Sounds like we'll be looking for short term plays a few months out if TSLA doesn't hold at 160? I'm thinking 5/17 +p140 or +p135 would be a good strike to pickup if we get a blip the next day or two followed by a moderate reversal. To decide whether to open a long put position, I'd watch candles among RSI, MACD and others, one hour is too jittery, 4 hour frequency is too broad for deciding. I'm not finding a service that can display a 2hr frequency candle. Yahoo and Fidelity don't. I might have to pony up?

EDIT: The position would be closed as SP gets close to the strike, rinse and repeat.

Not financial advice, I was surprised by how well 166 held today but I do believe we have a hard resistance at 183 at least until earnings. Could be an easy covered call (or naked if you are feeling risky) play.

I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm short going into earnings as a trade. I'll cover once I get a little profit (if i do make a profit lol). I think there was a decent amount of covering today from long puts and short shares so we may have more to drop. Also earnings can't possibly be good. We just went from 430k earnings estimates to 387k deliveries and the rest of that roughly 430k going into inventory. How that can possibly be good for cash flow. Margin.... not too sure, also they are ramping CT so they'll take a hit there. More downside risk than upside.

Not financial advice, I was surprised by how well 166 held today but I do believe we have a hard resistance at 183 at least until earnings. Could be an easy covered call (or naked if you are feeling risky) play.

I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm short going into earnings as a trade. I'll cover once I get a little profit (if i do make a profit lol). I think there was a decent amount of covering today from long puts and short shares so we may have more to drop. Also earnings can't possibly be good. We just went from 430k earnings estimates to 387k deliveries and the rest of that roughly 430k going into inventory. How that can possibly be good for cash flow. Margin.... not too sure, also they are ramping CT so they'll take a hit there. More downside risk than upside.
also much will depend on mood of call & outlook........ I'm tempering my expectations

(Maybe Elon pulls a rabbit out of his hat?) 🤣

Reactions: Jim Holder
also much will depend on mood of call & outlook........ I'm tempering my expectations

(Maybe Elon pulls a rabbit out of his hat?) 🤣

Given the push he's given FSD lately I'll be pretty shocked if a substantial amount of the call isn't him talking about robotaxi.

Which is not something WS usually responds well to.

Double fun if he throws out some more stuff about how people won't need to buy cars anymore while doing the earnings call for what most still perceive as primarily a car company.

@tivoboy Thank you for raising the need for downside protection back in January/February for end of March. I heeded and prepared by selling strategic short calls and buying long puts, together which really helped me weather the dump a lot easier than had I been caught off guard!

I appreciate what you add to this thread 🙏

1712110786084.png