Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW daytrading MSTR is like SMCI a few weeks ago. (still very profitably holding MSCI -C 1125 for may 3 and -C 1610 for June 21)
MSTR is way overbought and now unwinding with Huge IV
I want to add on MSTR that there is a very big correlation with BTC (obviously) but the net SP-performance in time will probably be much worse then Bitcoin relatively, because of pump-and dump in progress (even Youtubechannels were hacked to pump MSTR). Friday I experienced the downside fiercefully. Instead of making 10 grand I lost 3, underestimating the exaggerated gravitational force on MSTR when BTC was going down.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
I want to add on MSTR that there is a very big correlation with BTC (obviously) but the net SP-performance in time will probably be much worse then Bitcoin relatively, because of pump-and dump in progress (even Youtubechannels were hacked to pump MSTR). Friday I experienced the downside fiercefully. Instead of making 10 grand I lost 3, underestimating the exaggerated gravitational force on MSTR when BTC was going down.
One can sell Jan 25 300-400 Puts for like 15-25$, sit back and enjoy the show on MSTR ( not too s3xy, I know ) :)
BTC halving and earnings in a few weeks ... ;)

+ have sold 3 and hope to collect 6K in premium ...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SpeedyEddy
I was lucky the SP drop at end of the week or I would have sold CCs for this week. Always trying to sell CC in a up day. Going to be a little more careful selling CCs down here.
Super low chance- Elon still can "pump" TSLA by announcing the first supervised FSD partner. I see no reason why V12+ can't be already an amazing option for other OEMs to add like Tesla's SuperCharging. If you are in the camp that Elon pumps TSLA then this event should be on your radar.

The bullish scenario:
IF we've seen the bottom, then very high chance this run will fizzle out before 200 before pulling back to at least 185.
The daily trend resistance is sitting at 187. Once broken, it will retest this level at least once.
So if you want SAFE, I'd sell 190C exp next week right now for 1.2. Wait for a break of 187 to confirm the uptrend, wait for the retest, then close or roll it.
Personally, I don't see it going to 200 by end of next week.

Last edited:
Really trying to resist desire to sell CC (for after ER) 4/26 Exp.
Nice premiums for 180 and 190CCs. Of course they will get better if we get to 180 SP tomorrow....
Yes, I'm looking at my 100x -c165's for this week and thinking to roll them to 100x -165 straddle for 4/26, this would net an extra +$12 - not forgetting that I have 100x July +p150's that are just sitting there waiting for the dump that might never happen... also gives cover from 145 - 185, which is a nice wide range

Trouble is, but all rights we're trading around +20% from where we really should be given the P@D and looming ER... but as the stock is moving on vapour rather than fundamentals, it's really hard to judge

On the other hand, the 100x -p165 would also be cash-covered, so if the SP did dump I could 2x the contract to roll down... plus writing the -p165's a few weeks out gives some time to react when this reverses

Decisions decisions...

I guess my 170 calls are safe. Who knew the next catalyst would be sending us to 144 sooner than expected.
It would be interesting to have detail on where there really is a "pileup" of inventory. To me, it seems like they added two weeks of inventory which for the auto industry in general isn't significant. US prices also seem comparable to (or better than) similar ICE vehicles.

I know something is going on... but putting a label on it isn't especially easy. I see more and more Teslas on the road every day
Locally, my Tesla lot is packed as never before. In the past there was usually a lot of cars backed into the spots facing the street. These would have temp plates and were ready to be picked up. Now the ratio of backed in to forward in has reversed. Yes, some cars going around Cape Horn have added maybe 5000 cars to in transit, but if my local lot is average, inventory is high in the USA. Not to say we don't have a lot of new Tesla's in my area, but apparently not enough to keep the lot clearing.
I have just a couple of 170 calls due this week, but 180 & 185 next week and just added more 180 for this week. The only catalyst that would really break us out short term, in my opinion, would be licensing FSD to Ford or GM, or a mile rate with Uber or Lyft. If it's as valuable as Elon says, why license to anyone. Happy to have to roll out and even hit my medium term 225 & 230 CC's, but that does not seem likely for now.

Who would have thought a couple tweet about RT and FSD can do such wonders...

1712594060859.png

Don’t we all!
In a way it's sad that TSLA was pretty much my first stock, so I had no experience and n idea what I was doing. I bought most if it very low in 2016 because I had a small cash windfall and loved the company, and it went nowhere for 3.5 years after which it took off, and with the exception of the C19 blip, kept going... I thought that was normal and it wouldn't stop, so when I looked at my iPhone one day Oct/Nov 2021 and worked out I have $5.3million out of a total investment of $112k, I looked at what everyone was saying on the TA side "if we break 1250, then it's a clear run up to $1400", which would have given me $6m, roughly €5m

So I set my mind to offload it all when that hit, and then the next day, Elon tweeted out his infamous Twitter tax poll 😩

And that was that... but hey, could be worse.... still wealthier than I ever thought possible, even now, and working hard to improve it further!

No idea who or why, but there’s been a huge repeat buyer on the tape all day…if it’s popping on fumes then who’d be accumulating so much and why?
Annoying it is, I'm trying to sell some puts and need it to scratch 172 to trigger my limit order, prefer to get this done before the end of the day so might have to reduce my price slightly...

Reactions: DaBooster