Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EW: Double-bottom possibly still in play; needs to take out March high ($184.61) and then the Feb High ($205.66) for confirmation:

1712611537015.png

The dog just got 12.3.3 on his Model Y. . Lot better then 11.5.
If they get highway driving back up to autopilot level in 12.4 then I can see a path in the reasonably near future to what I hoped for when I bought in 2020. There is still a long way to go, but the amount of measurable improvement is huge.

Short term it makes things harder to play with options for me though. We can see (and agree) where sentiment and the charts are pointing, but there are so many wild cards that you really need to be focused 100% on everything.

Rumor mill: It’s Elon whose been buying TSLA hand over fist recently down in the $160-170 range. That could explain the bullish tape — if true.

Practically speaking, does Elon have access to the kind of money to do this, and how long is the runway before he needs to disclose? Can he cloak it via a silent LLC?

👀
No he can't cloak it and under rule 13D for owners of 5% or more of a company they have to disclose within 2 days of a material change. If I remember correctly this is what we would track during the Black Swan sales of 2022

The problem with expecting take rates to increase is that $12k is a non-starter for most buyers; ~half the people out there actually enjoy driving, another significant portion is scared of an AI driving them, and of those that are left the idea of spending $200/month is too hard to justify, unless it is actually a Level 5 system... and maybe even capable of paying for itself via robotaxi.

At $4-6k there is a reasonable market for a Level 4 system IMO. Level 3 is really only good for maybe $2-3k for the majority of people.

To me, the opportunity with FSD for the stock is that Tesla will have a huge moat... not that it will necessarily increase profits by a factor of >2 in the near term.

So yesterday I was trying to sell -p165's, but it missed my limit order, even with the dump into close, by 5cents...

I thought today's CN numbers would hit the stock, but so far they haven't been reported on the newswire, as far as I can see, and/or the markets don't care - maybe our mystery buyer is at it already, or perhaps it's just the RT/FSD hopium still keeping things going

Anyway, I shall persevere!

So yesterday I was trying to sell -p165's, but it missed my limit order, even with the dump into close, by 5cents...

I thought today's CN numbers would hit the stock, but so far they haven't been reported on the newswire, as far as I can see, and/or the markets don't care - maybe our mystery buyer is at it already, or perhaps it's just the RT/FSD hopium still keeping things going

Nothing on CNBS web home page yet either, We know they seldom miss this type of "no demand" story

Reactions: EnzoXYZ and UncaNed

I think they will dump the stock hard after ER. I cut all my bought puts yesterday.