Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like the market I've lost some fate in Tesla/TSLA over the last few months.

Model 3 and Y have to keep the company afloat for the next 2-3 years, but in China the competition is getting very tough (with a lot of fresh designs) and in the US the low hanging fruit has been picked and it's harder to find new customers. Cybertruck is the bright spot there. In Europe the situation seems to be stable.

Energy is starting to look like the eternal promise; the huge growth we are expecting is still not materialising.

So TSLA will have to depend on FSD progress and Robotaxi. I still see a lot of obstacles on the way to 99,999% reliability and I don't have high expectations for Robotaxi in terms of financial potential. But if the market does have that confidence it will also need a lot of patience. I don't think Robotaxi (and Model 2) will be ready for mass production within 3 years. It feels as if Elon's surprise 8/8 Robotaxi announcement also caught his team off guard.

The positive news is that he seems to be back at the helm - hopefully not because of the option package vote - but he doesn't control external circumstances. So I expect more price cuts, lower or no growth and lower EPS for a while. I suspect that will keep downward pressure on the stock.

Exactly why I will shutdown this last SMCI spread this AM, small loss.is.okay. Volatility
of this beast is real, +/- , it's a severe drain when - ... careful peeps!
Apologies for getting in the middle of TSLA with this. It helps me deal with the actions when I see what I write. As much as I try, I just can't get out of positions with finese. To limit downside I put in an order before market to close at a slight loss. Order filled, then SP climbed, is at $760s now, would have been a nice profit based on when I put on the position, had patience played a part. I let the fear of getting stuck with another huge loss get in the way of what could have saved me tons of real cash.

Putting aside the loss of capital, now out of SMCI, stress is off which is more important. I'll need to work on a safe strategy to recover to break even by year end. Darn it !!! Thanks for listening.

1713882532390.png

Apologies for getting in the middle of TSLA with this. It helps me deal with the actions when I see what I write. As much as I try, I just can't get out of positions with finese. To limit downside I put in an order before market to close at a slight loss. Order filled, then SP climbed, is at $760s now, would have been a nice profit based on when I put on the position, had patience played a part. I let the fear of getting stuck with another huge loss get in the way of what could have saved me tons of real cash.

Putting aside the loss of capital, now out of SMCI, stress is off which is more important. I'll need to work on a safe strategy to recover to break even by year end. Darn it !!! Thanks for listening.
I wrote SMCI 5/3 -p1000's, but against Jan 2026 +p1000 and +p8000, I'm "hoping" that their earnings isn't as dire as everyone is expecting and it bounces back up. If not I'll keep rolling or look to roll down a bit, or just close the whole lot out

Calendar spreads give a lot more flexibility in that respect

Reactions: intelligator
Ú
I wrote SMCI 5/3 -p1000's, but against Jan 2026 +p1000 and +p8000, I'm "hoping" that their earnings isn't as dire as everyone is expecting and it bounces back up. If not I'll keep rolling or look to roll down a bit, or just close the whole lot out

Calendar spreads give a lot more flexibility in that respect
Trying to see the dynamic of this. What did you pay for on the Jan26 +p1000?

In all honesty, I have no freakin' idea which way the SP is going to go for earnings today. I think the only guarantee is that it will be a wild ride.

4/26 100x +p75s $0.01 and 100x +c200s $0.06
Given the real time data we have to track European and China weekly/daily sales numbers is pointing to Q2 being possibly worse than Q1, Elon and company are gonna need some actual FSD news and/or FSD data metrics to get Wall St to ignore another incoming ugly quarter(s).

Even though everyone and their mom is already predicting a plunge, I'm making some small very short term moves for protection since Tesla seems to not care to get ever give any metrics to track when it comes to autonomy. If Elon pulls his usual earnings call stunts and/or Tesla as usual decides to not give any insight/forecasting as using, I think this opens 10% gap down tomorrow.

Ú

Trying to see the dynamic of this. What did you pay for on the Jan26 +p1000?
Bought those at $320, immediately sold -p1000 against them for $100

Before the crash I was making around +$30 weekly on short puts, so 10x weeks you get the long puts for free, OK didn't work out (yet), but the principle is good

As it is they're roughly break-even if I sell the longs and shorts, so no sweat