Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode - disk filling up fast!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have this enabled and have the recommended 32GB flash drive but it's literally filling up within the week with loads of useless files. I have two folders - recent and saved but I didn't create them and I haven't saved any either. I have all the usual exclusions on, so am I doing anything wrong or am I just supposed to view 100 odd clips each week to look at another car parked next to me :)

So I have this enabled and have the recommended 32GB flash drive but it's literally filling up within the week with loads of useless files. I have two folders - recent and saved but I didn't create them and I haven't saved any either. I have all the usual exclusions on, so am I doing anything wrong or am I just supposed to view 100 odd clips each week to look at another car parked next to me :)

My 32GB did that too. Quite frankly I find the capability almost useless, unless of course I have a major banger. I come back to the car. It says 7 Sentry incidents. I have to pull out the drive, take it to a computer, download a program to view it and scan through hundreds of video clips to include the one of a fat ass bending over to pick up her purse and cracking a smile (ludicrous!). Launch it when you can review it on your car screen please.

My 32GB did that too. Quite frankly I find the capability almost useless, unless of course I have a major banger. I come back to the car. It says 7 Sentry incidents. I have to pull out the drive, take it to a computer, download a program to view it and scan through hundreds of video clips to include the one of a fat ass bending over to pick up her purse and cracking a smile (ludicrous!). Launch it when you can review it on your car screen please.

Just look round the car - of no damage then delete the files.

Reactions: Yev000 and drewpost
When I got in the car today I noticed a red exclamation mark where the Sentry Mode icon usually is. I touched it and the message came up “USB Drive Full”, so that’s used 32GB in about 10 days.

Tonight I’m going to reformat the whole 128GB for TeslaCam, and get another drive for my music!