Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode issues with aftermarket storage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: has anyone experienced issues with their Sentry Mode storage after formatting your own hard drive for the car?

This is the third time the car said I had an event to view, and I got this screen. Any fix?

Attachments

• 524C9651-C37E-4359-8B4B-BBAAD717CFCF.jpeg
    524C9651-C37E-4359-8B4B-BBAAD717CFCF.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 80
What format did you use? Is the dashcam working at all, or is it only Sentry Mode footage that you can't see? If the dashcam isn't working, is the dashcam icon present? Did you create the TeslaCam folder after formatting?
Yes. I am using a sandisk 1tb SSD. Got it from Costco on recommendation from another user here. At first I didn’t have the icon because I forgot to create the folder in folder. But after I did that the dash cam icon came up.

Icon is there now, viewer works. I followed the video on how to format to fat32. I also did that thing where you have two partitions on the same drive to enable the custom sounds. They both seem to work!

But this is like the third time now where either the footage freezes or it shows that message I put on the photo

Upvote 0