Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All!

Another question for all of you! So I should be receiving my 2016 Model S P100D [the original owner added every package available to it so I don't know if that changes anything for the answer to this question] this Friday [8/18]. It is an 8/16 production date so no sentry mode. I reallllly would like to do something that is aftermarket that could pseudo replace Sentry Mode if such a thing exists. I actually don't know if given my production date and model if that is something Tesla can add as an upgrade? Do you all know of any aftermarket packages or items that could be purchased/installed that could replicate Sentry Mode? I am based in Kentucky and so if anyone knows of KY specific body shops that could do such work also include that!

You will get Sentry mode if you upgrade your MCU1 to MCU2.
I was under the impression that an 8/16 production date, even on the Model S P100D did not have the hardware necessary for Sentry Mode. I plan, this weekend, to take it in for the MCU2 upgrade so that is awesome news! I would've sworn that an 8/16 date missed the hardware necessary by a few months!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is a very detailed on-line write-up on the Teslatap site about various dash cams and what's involved in the installation process.

Note: I have no affiliation with Teslatap. I have have been aware of some of the information on his site for several years and his documentation tends to be better than most of what you'll likely find. He's active on this forum, although goes by a different username on this site.

Reactions: MdlSP100D'16
Upvote 0
There is a very detailed on-line write-up on the Teslatap site about various dash cams and what's involved in the installation process.

Note: I have no affiliation with Teslatap. I have have been aware of some of the information on his site for several years and his documentation tends to be better than most of what you'll likely find. He's active on this forum, although goes by a different username on this site.
You are a wealth of knowledge and a scholar haha. Thanks!!!

Upvote 0