Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry Mode Sensitivity Reduced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Black306

Oct 14, 2019
Sacramento
While going through some clips, I noticed there were a couple videos where people walked close to the car, but there were no events recorded on this outing; the videos were in the RecentClips folder. Other events were recorded (not on the same day) with much less activity being captured. I wonder if Sentry Mode sensitivity has been reduced. The car is on 2020.12.11.1.

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.04.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.03.05 PM.png

While going through some clips, I noticed there were a couple videos where people walked close to the car, but there were no events recorded on this outing; the videos were in the RecentClips folder. Other events were recorded (not on the same day) with much less activity being captured. I wonder if Sentry Mode sensitivity has been reduced. The car is on 2020.12.11.1.

View attachment 544521 View attachment 544522
Sentry mode not triggering

A few of us on this thread have noticed this recent change in sensitivity, too (among other odd sentry behaviors).

Lots were saying (plausibly) that it was too sensitive and could invite nefarious behavior by flashing the lights at everyone who walked by. Also you could have dozens of "events" to scroll through of people walking by just like in your example. Very much an improvement.

I kinda wish you could select to have the headlights flash or not during the day time...

Or only flash the lights on “threatening objects” that are close to the car...

Or automate that and capture both style of events, only flash the lights when people are very close, alert on the strewn both times but label one “close proximity” or “high alert” event it something...

Then flag the spot in dash cam viewers where the event was triggered... it usually is mid way into the clip... but it’s a little annoying there are always a few minutes up front of nothing happening...

Refinements could make it even more powerful and useful.

Personally, I’d prefer too many triggers rather than none. My parking habits reduce the potential for triggers. Seems like the current sensitivity is prone to not catch someone keying a car (hypothetical, but plausible, example). Unless a person checks the condition of the car each time they get in, it’s possible a clip is gone by the time damage is discovered.