Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sentry mode videos management?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lzolman

Never thought I'd be driving the world's best car!
Supporting Member
Jun 13, 2019
Boston North Shore
When I posted to a local Tesla group asking if there's a way to just "select all" of the sentry mode videos in order to delete them in one fell swoop, I got recommendations for wireless USB sticks that I can delete stuff off remotely. Not quite was I was hoping for.

Any idea of they're planning to include some file management features, such as "keep last N videos" (and delete the rest)? Or a simple "select all" LOL?

Remove the USB storage and plug it into your home computer, laptop, or phone with a USB adapter (if needed). You can then delete things more easily. Also, if Tesla has it working correctly now, you can select to have the USB formatted by the car software, and that should re-initialize the USB storage to "new" without any files. I am sure as time goes on more refinement of this process will occur. It seems imminent that you will be able to see, and maybe delete, Sentry videos using the phone app.

Reactions: lzolman
When I posted to a local Tesla group asking if there's a way to just "select all" of the sentry mode videos in order to delete them in one fell swoop, I got recommendations for wireless USB sticks that I can delete stuff off remotely. Not quite was I was hoping for.

Any idea of they're planning to include some file management features, such as "keep last N videos" (and delete the rest)? Or a simple "select all" LOL?

This, plus a way to flag an event recording as "Keep" so when you do a mass delete via the interface it will delete all events except those flagged to keep.

Last edited:
Reactions: lzolman