Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

September 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have "prepare for delivery" too. I feel like I'm being toyed with. Is this like this for everyone with an order, or is it maybe specific to orders expected to be delivered in January? I really feel like I'm coming towards the end of my ability to cope with the wait. Day 114 today. Don't play with my emotions, please Tesla...

Reactions: pgcoco
I have "prepare for delivery" too. I feel like I'm being toyed with. Is this like this for everyone with an order, or is it maybe specific to orders expected to be delivered in January. I really feel like I'm coming towards the end of my ability to cope with the wait. Day 114 today. Don't play with my emotions, please Tesla...
I think the site is undergoing maintenance, right now it looks like everyone's dates disappeared.

Which thread are you seeing the “large number of holds…receiving January dates”? I had a March order on hold until September 25. When I released the hold, it went straight to the back to the queue. EDD bouncing between Feb - Mar, similar to other September orders. Read the discussions about what releasing hold does. While some have been matched immediately, most end up in the back of the queue, as it should be.
August and pre-August threads. I found some who have OD of as back as February.

Honestly, I think unless you have a VIN I would recommend being skeptical of any delivery estimates.

I need the VIN to get insurance on the car, so I can't even take delivery on the car until I have the VIN and go through the process of insuring the car. I realize there are some states where the VIN may not be needed, but there are few enough that I can't imagine that they made the system sophisticated enough to account for that given all of the other issues.

So, IMO, no VIN = don't trust any prep for delivery.

Has anyone been told the car is there before getting a VIN?

My EDD solid for a long time (1/28-2/23), last week moved to 1/6-2/3, but now after the website went down this morning came back back with 2/10-3/10. Kind of a bummer. Going on 110 days now.

OD: 9/14
MY LR stock (white/black, Gemini, 5 seater, no FSD), Minnesota.

EDD 1: 1/28-2/23
EDD 2: 1/6-2/3 (changed on 12/26)
EDD 2: 2/10-3/10 (changed today, 1/2)

My EDD solid for a long time (1/28-2/23), last week moved to 1/6-2/3, but now after the website went down this morning came back back with 2/10-3/10. Kind of a bummer. Going on 110 days now.

When you ordered it had an EDD of FEB so you are still in the window. I have bounced back to june so many times I am beginning to hate summer.

When you booked, Tesla was not giving preference for upgrades such as white seats or larger wheels, or upgrade color's etc. I looked up your booking (BT?) and see that there are no upgrades in your order. Tesla is reverse grandfathering you by pushing out those who do not have an upgrade within the MYLR category. That is just an educated guess, nothing more. Tesla's chaos is not unorganized. It is an organized chaos and there is some order and logic to it!

You had a 14 day window that got pushed back to 28 day window in Jan 1st?
Yes.

In early December, heres my EDD progression.

1) December 1st: EDD 1/19-2/28
2) December 27th: VIN Assigned
3) December 29th Delivery appointment set for Dec 31st.
4) December 30th: VIN rescinded but Delivery appointment still there.
5) December 31st: Delivery appt comes and goes with no word.
6) January 1st: EDD moves to 1/1 - 1/11
7) January 2nd: EDD moves to 1/11 - 2/8

• Funny
Reactions: Evthusiast